DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro won't update firmware

Hindsight

Reactions
I just got my mavic 2 pro today and can't seem to update it.
I have tried the Go 4 app with android and DJI assistant, but I am unable to update the RC nor the drone. On the Go4 app it says connection failed and on the PC assistant it says update successful, but when I plug the RC in again it says current version: 0.6 update available.
I've tried 20+ reboots and factory reset.

Reactions: Former Member
Do you have an ios device? I had the same problem but used my wife's I phone and the update went smoothly. This has been discussed here somewhere as well.

Reactions: Hindsight
Hi
Remove Dji assist and reload it on your pc.
Update the tablet/phone your using. (Djigo app).
And all should be good.
Let me know how you get on.

I fixed it by alternating between the DJI assistant and the GO 4 app a bunch of times and rebooting the rc and drone 10+ more times. I don't understand why the RC has micro usb and requires an adapter, while the drone has USB C? It seems like a bizarre choice.
Anyhow, I'm glad to have everything updated and I'm very much looking forward to my maiden voyage tomorrow, if the rain forecast hopefully proves wrong.
Thank you for your suggestions!

Last edited:
Ps.
Might make you update the batteries before you can take off. Look out for it on start up.
Again let me know if this works for you.

Thanks Jason

Got mine today and had exactly the same issue. Did the update through a pc using the dji tools connecting the drone via usb. Took about 6 minutes then when connected it wirelessly updated the controller.

Make sure you have the correct version of Assistant, "Assistant 2 for Mavic" Found on the main downloads page for the Mavic 2.

Older version of Assistant will not work.

Firmware update on drone takes about 10 minutes, longer than I expected, lots of rebooting of drone.

I used Assistant 2 for Mavic for the drone update, then used DJIG04 to update controller.

Paul C

The older version of assistant 2 doesn't recognize mavic 2. Need to get the assistant 2 for mavic2 from the home page. Then everything goes smoothly. Need to update each of the batteries too, if u have multiple batteries. That u can do from dji go4 app in android.

Thanks for the tip about the batteries, I didn't realize they had a separate firmware. Now I'm all set for tomorrow! Praying for clear skies.

Reactions: Andrija 87
What a headache.... for hours, I've been reading feeds, watching videos, uninstalling and installing DJI Assistant 2 V2.0.6. Yet I still can't seem to get V01.00.0300 on to my Mavic 2 Pro.

Ive hardwired my PC to my internet in hopes that would help the download but I continue to get the same error over and over. I have also tried to update with and without the SD card inserted (shot in the dark)

My smart controller is up to date but I just can't seem to get my M2P working.

Any other tips out there?

I was finally able to make it work. Initially, I had been grabbing the DJI Assistant 2 V2.0.6.8 software from the DJI Download Center but to make it work I clicked the link provided by someone (can't remember who) Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI which falls under the Mavic 2 Downloads. It downloaded the same file but when the time came, the FW actually downloaded and updated to my M2P. Could be coincidence but I'll take it.

I'm just leaving this here for the next guy in hopes he doesn't waste all night as well.

Cheers,

I just got my mavic 2 pro today and can't seem to update it.
I have tried the Go 4 app with android and DJI assistant, but I am unable to update the RC nor the drone. On the Go4 app it says connection failed and on the PC assistant it says update successful, but when I plug the RC in again it says current version: 0.6 update available.
I've tried 20+ reboots and factory reset.
I brought up the issue with firmward update failure and using a IOS device (ipad mini 4) to complete this update. I will forever use my ipad to do updates on my Mavic 2 pro it works for me. I brought up a question with no answear about why DJI used andriod devices but maked the statement "Made for Iphone" on its packaging. Iphone is a IOS device. I feel I'm always going to be an unwilling BATA tester for the DJI product. I've got roughly $10,000 tied into their products (Inspire 2 with Cendence controller and 7.85 high bright Crystalsky monitor, Mavic 2 pro with 5.5 Chrystalsky monitor, this is not to mention carry cases and other paraphernalia. This is a hobby for me not a paying job, I'm not a 107 rated droner. Why haven't I gone to other drone manufracture for this product, thats simple DJI in my opinion is number one in this market. If only their R & D department would step up and complete their work before selling their product. I can only assume they are trying to beat the competition to put a new product on the market. Again these are my opinion, I've been dealing with this company for about 8 years starting Phantom 2 vision plus, Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 pro, Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Mavic pro and Mavic 2 pro. As new ones appeared I would sell and buy so right now I own the Inspire 2 and the Mavic 2 pro.

Attachments

• IMG_4295.JPG
    IMG_4295.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat