DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro yaw

DGNOO

Reactions
Hi Folks
I am new to video and have been trying my hand at it. I watched some tutorials on the sensitivity/exp settings etc. And camera
Settings.
I find when the drone is up in one position, video on and I yaw 360 it is not smooth. It seems
The yaw setting only goes down to 50%.
I was also on tripod mode.
Please help with advice.
Thanks
[emoji41]

Please post a video sample and the video settings used to cut down the number of guesses.

Last edited:
Please post a video sample and the video settings used to cut down the number of guesses.
Hi thanks for the reply. I just want to know how to get the yaw endpoint lower than 50. Mine will not go lower.
Thanks

The lack of smoothness might not be the recording but rather the playback. It isn't uncommon for systems to not be able to play drone video smoothly.

Hi thanks for the reply. I just want to know how to get the yaw endpoint lower than 50. Mine will not go lower.
Thanks
50 is the lowest setting. You can make stick sensitivity adjustments at Position Menu / Advanced Settings / EXP.

Reactions: DGNOO
...I find when the drone is up in one position, video on and I yaw 360 it is not smooth...
This statement is what caused the confusion. Most causes for video not being "smooth" are either a shutter speed too high, video card too slow, and/or display device not capable of playing high res video. A too-fast shutter speed normally causes a stuttering or jittery video that is most apparent when turning or yawing the camera. If the problem is jerky stick movements then you can try adjusting the stick sensitivity as I mentioned above or use Cinematic mode. This mode automatically damps down the stick inputs but be aware that it will increase turning radius and stopping distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
This statement is what caused the confusion. Most causes for video not being "smooth" are either a shutter speed too high, video card too slow, and/or display device not capable of playing high res video. This normally causes a stuttering or jittery video that is most apparent when turning or yawing the camera. If the problem is jerky stick movements then you can try adjusting the stick sensitivity as I mentioned above or use Cinematic mode. This mode automatically damps down the stick inputs but be aware that it will increase turning radius and stopping distance.
I’m using a sandisk Extreme 64gb U3

I may be wrong but i think the person may have been asking what video card he needed to use in his device that he uses to view the video like a computer card.

I may be wrong but i think the person may have been asking what video card he needed to use in his device that he uses to view the video like a computer card.
Recently had to deal with the issue of not being able to easily edit Mavic 2 Pro video. Although the computer is powerful and has 16 GB memory, the video chip built into the motherboard was inadequate. DaVinci Resolve support suggested an add on video card with 8 GB would solve the problem. Purchased an AMD Radeon 580 from Amazon. Although the installation was challenging, once up and running, editing was fast and seamless.

That was my experience just playing back 1080p video from my P3A. Jitter all the way until cheap card replaced.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998