DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom for crop scouting??

fd2017

Reactions
Hello everybody,
I use a Mavic Pro 1 for crop scouting (hovering the drone at 0.8 meters over the crop surface, taking pictures and recording videos to watch them later in a PC). I try to maximize the drone´s battery charge, so I can not spend to much time manually changing the camera settings each time I take pictures.
In low light conditions, the resolution of photos and videos is bad, I can not see details in the crop cannopy.
So I am thinking in upgrading the drone. I can not afford an Inspire + its camera, so what you think would be better for me?? A Mavic 2 (Pro or Zoom), or maybe a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 (if I still can get one where I live).
I have read forums about the Mavic 2 Pro camera quality and I have doubts. But maybe the Zoom version can work for what I need. I appreciate If somebody can give some advice.
Thanks,
Fernando.

Hello everybody,
I use a Mavic Pro 1 for crop scouting (hovering the drone at 0.8 meters over the crop surface, taking pictures and recording videos to watch them later in a PC). I try to maximize the drone´s battery charge, so I can not spend to much time manually changing the camera settings each time I take pictures.
In low light conditions, the resolution of photos and videos is bad, I can not see details in the crop cannopy.
So I am thinking in upgrading the drone. I can not afford an Inspire + its camera, so what you think would be better for me?? A Mavic 2 (Pro or Zoom), or maybe a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 (if I still can get one where I live).
I have read forums about the Mavic 2 Pro camera quality and I have doubts. But maybe the Zoom version can work for what I need. I appreciate If somebody can give some advice.
Thanks,
Fernando.
The M2P will offer the most flexibility as far as lighting and exposure for the described use due to the selectable wide range of aperture... if those factories are not important save a few buck and get an MZ even though the zoom may not be an asset for the use you describe.

The M2P will offer the most flexibility as far as lighting and exposure for the described use due to the selectable wide range of aperture... if those factories are not important save a few buck and get an MZ even though the zoom may not be an asset for the use you describe.

Thanks Thomas. As I use the Drone to work, the price difference between the Pro and the Zoom is not too big, so I will go with the M2P.

I’m in Ag in the south, I am new to drones and ask several “drone” guys in the Ag business sector. They suggested the MP2 as of today. That is what I bought to document a farm conversion, it is phenomenal! The quality of the camera/videos is great. Everyone that comes into my office to watch a video is impressed. The only times I see image degrade is when it’s going 30 mph while filming, it get a tad choppy. Other than that it’s fantastic.

Thank you all for your reply about my post.
Before jumping to the M2P, I will try to find somebody in my area owning one to see how good the pictures and videos are. The drone is not cheap where I live, so I need to be sure it will work for what I want.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thank you all for your reply about my post.
Before jumping to the M2P, I will try to find somebody in my area owning one to see how good the pictures and videos are. The drone is not cheap where I live, so I need to be sure it will work for what I want.
Best idea for sure. Interested to hear your decision and reasoning after you decide.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman