DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro

scran

Reactions
I have a mavic 2 pro .The camera is working perfectly but the gimbal is not. I have done the calibration on the pc with no luck .When the drone crashed one of the rubber joints was broken i fixed it even replaced the roll arm and the gimbal ribbon but it still won't work anyone any ideas please

I had a gimbal issue with mine after a slight drop out of a tree. I sent it to several advertisers on here and most just wanted me to spend over $700 so they could just swap out the entire gimbal and camera. I needed it repaired not replaced.

I eventually found one person on here that did gimbal repairs and he tried and said it was fixed, but it was not. I returned it to him and again he said it was fixed. Once more it was not, so in the end I sent it off to DJI, which is what I should have done in the first place. The last repair guy said he would refund me but he never has done so I will not recommend him for any repairs. He charged me but never did fix the thing.

DJI did an analysis and charged me just over $300 but sent me a new drone instead. I'd suggest you just send it off to DJI and they will most likely replace yours with a new one and just charge you for what a repair would cost.

I had a gimbal issue with mine after a slight drop out of a tree. I sent it to several advertisers on here and most just wanted me to spend over $700 so they could just swap out the entire gimbal and camera. I needed it repaired not replaced.

I eventually found one person on here that did gimbal repairs and he tried and said it was fixed, but it was not. I returned it to him and again he said it was fixed. Once more it was not, so in the end I sent it off to DJI, which is what I should have done in the first place. The last repair guy said he would refund me but he never has done so I will not recommend him for any repairs. He charged me but never did fix the thing.

DJI did an analysis and charged me just over $300 but sent me a new drone instead. I'd suggest you just send it off to DJI and they will most likely replace yours with a new one and just charge you for what a repair would cost.
Thanks for the quick response. I might just have to do that . But I don't like it getting the better of me

Gimbles are funny funny thing when it comes to drones. I've sent back a half dozen drones MAVIC 3 pro all gimble related. When they give a refresh drone it's been my experience the gimbles are out of wack. Apparently they are very hard to fix and get right.

You know you could have replaced the gimbal yourself. It's super easy and costs around $300 for it which is reasonable considering DJI's pricing. However, considering DJI sent you a new drone, it's probably best to send it in to DJI.

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
You know you could have replaced the gimbal yourself. It's super easy and costs around $300 for it which is reasonable considering DJI's pricing. However, considering DJI sent you a new drone, it's probably best to send it in to DJI.
Well, I was a flight instructor for many years and flying a plane is super easy too. For me, but for someone who never did it before, it would be extremely difficult, to impossible. I'm someone who never did anything to a drone before, other than changed props and a battery. Therefore, just the thought of attacking a gimbal would be enough to frighten me.

I wish you had been my neighbor, then I could have dropped round to you, to show me how easy it was. All in all though, it was a good deal in the end, what DJI charged me to get a new drone. I have read where others, who also thought it easy enough to change out their who gimbal and camera, had continued issues after they did the work.

As I mentioned, I had a repair place do the work first and had to send it back twice because they could not even repair it properly. Then they said they would refund me, but despite texts afterwards asking for the refund, they never responded back, so I would never suggest anyone use them, they don't live up to their word.

I appreciate your thoughts though, on how easy it could have been. For my situation, I should have sent it to DJI in the first place. I would not have a clue where to begin if I tried to do the repair, even if someone on YouTube were showing me.

Well, I was a flight instructor for many years and flying a plane is super easy too. For me, but for someone who never did it before, it would be extremely difficult, to impossible. I'm someone who never did anything to a drone before, other than changed props and a battery. Therefore, just the thought of attacking a gimbal would be enough to frighten me.

I wish you had been my neighbor, then I could have dropped round to you, to show me how easy it was. All in all though, it was a good deal in the end, what DJI charged me to get a new drone. I have read where others, who also thought it easy enough to change out their who gimbal and camera, had continued issues after they did the work.

As I mentioned, I had a repair place do the work first and had to send it back twice because they could not even repair it properly. Then they said they would refund me, but despite texts afterwards asking for the refund, they never responded back, so I would never suggest anyone use them, they don't live up to their word.

I appreciate your thoughts though, on how easy it could have been. For my situation, I should have sent it to DJI in the first place. I would not have a clue where to begin if I tried to do the repair, even if someone on YouTube were showing me.
Yeah, the thought is really challenging, but it's really just 4 screws that hold down the gimbal. Also, there are YouTube videos that are helpful if you're able to follow them, however, I'd still send it to DJI. lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU