DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro

Music One

Reactions
At long last I am now in a position to be able to upgrade from my Mavic Air to an M2P. My only slight concern now is after watching several videos is the problem with horizons bending off at the edges. Is this something Ishould or shouldnt worry about. Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated before I spend out the cash.
Thanks.

The issue has been reported. If I got the optics theory right, it goes as follows: The M2P has a large 1 inch CMOS sensor. When the light is strong, the iris closes to protect from overexposure. So the beam of light that comes in tends to be 'bent' near the edges of the sensor. So this is something that happens at aperture f/11, not at f/2.8, when all lines are straight. The trick therefore is to use the right filters when the light is strong, so your aperture stays at or close to the maximum.
All in all, this is a marginal issue, the Hasselblad camera on the 3-axis gimbal yields really superb pictures and very smooth video.

Reactions: Letmein and buddb55
This is an issue of barrel distortion basically due to the wide angle lens on the M2P. You can search the forum for this issue and find lots of posts, but fundamentally it is corrected out either in post processing (if you shoot DLog video or Raw stills), or it is corrected out by onboard processing if you shoot Normal color mode video or JPEG stills. I shoot RAW stills and Lightroom has a built in lens profile to correct in post processing, but I have to manually correct my DLog video in Cyberlink PowerDirector.

Thanks for this information everyone. CharlieR .. what Cyberlink PowerDirector are you using. Im thinking of purchasing one. I already have the Cyberlink PhotoDirector 9 which l find is really comprehensive.

Thanks for this information everyone. CharlieR .. what Cyberlink PowerDirector are you using. Im thinking of purchasing one. I already have the Cyberlink PhotoDirector 9 which l find is really comprehensive.
I'm using PowerDirector 365 (subscription based). I've been using earlier versions for years. This version comes with ColorDirector, which I like a lot. Also comes with PhotoDirector and AudioDirector, which is better for trimming background music clips.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake