DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro

Conga0777

Reactions
Bought the M2P in January 2019, with no problems whatsoever, I have flown it 11 hours until last week. Started up the app then the drone and the gimbal went haywire. Started going erratic then stabilized itself only for the camera to start body jerking up and down quickly. Started up several times then the erratically went away then the flickering started immediately.
called DJI and they recommended I take the SD card out because the camera option didn’t appear in the menu for calibration. Took the SD card out and the camera appeared in the menu but the flickering won’t go away. When I hold the camera manually the video is perfect (1” CMOS)(of course).
So now DJI requires me to send it in.
I tried the Assistant 2 several times, never had a crash, it’s kept in a hard case and it’s babied everywhere I go. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Dave S. Florida

I had a failure of a camera / gimbal package once due to heat. Is it possible the case was subjected to direct Florida sunlight?

Yes, quité possibly, I took the drone with me on an appt which lasted 2 hours then the skies got a bit gray and ”Before you Fly” didn’t recommend flying so off I went back to the house. i left the case overnight and turned it on the following morning only to find the gimbal warning.

I also uploaded the DJI Pilot thinking that I can use the air sense that a flying partner uses on his enterprise which advises the pilot of any aircraft in the area.

I took the DJI Pilot off, downgraded the DJI Go 4 to the previous version and still had the same problems, updated to the new version and still the same problems.
I attempted this with the smart and regular controllers.

I was hoping to continue doing calibration until the problem went away. I still feel that it can be a software issue. Will consider sending it in for repair.

You could always send it into DJIdroneservice.com. They are a vendor on this forum. I’ve had great interactions with them.
Blue Skies

Reactions: pelagic_one
Bought the M2P in January 2019, with no problems whatsoever, I have flown it 11 hours until last week. Started up the app then the drone and the gimbal went haywire. Started going erratic then stabilized itself only for the camera to start body jerking up and down quickly. Started up several times then the erratically went away then the flickering started immediately.
called DJI and they recommended I take the SD card out because the camera option didn’t appear in the menu for calibration. Took the SD card out and the camera appeared in the menu but the flickering won’t go away. When I hold the camera manually the video is perfect (1” CMOS)(of course).
So now DJI requires me to send it in.
I tried the Assistant 2 several times, never had a crash, it’s kept in a hard case and it’s babied everywhere I go. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Dave S. Florida
Well yeah DJ I wouldn’t have a clue what’s wrong and less they looked at it.
It would be good for DJI to take a look at it and possibly discover some sort of design issue.
Or Drone Service which might be a better way to get it repaired. It is out of warranty and I don’t know how forgiving DJI is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser