DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 props; how would you describe them?

Coming from Phantom 2 Vision to a Phantom 3 Advanced to the Mavic 2 Zoom, I was really pleasantly surprised with the reduction in sound from the M2. I felt when flying the earlier models they could attract unwanted attention as well as kind of 'intrude' into the scene that you're trying to photograph which did bug me.
So yes, M2 - great improvement!

Coming from an Inspire 1 to a M2P, night and day, that’s all I’m gonna say;)

I’m telling my wife to be quiet just so I can hear my mavic:rolleyes: yep she does come out with me sometimes while I fly;)
consider yourself lucky.. the only thing my wife likes to do with me is ATV riding.. And that's no fun.. cause I always get stuck cleaning and working on them by myself..

Reactions: Porky
For all the old geezers out there (yours truly), make sure your hearing aid has a fresh battery and is turned on at a reasonable volume. Otherwise you might not hear any difference.

Hey, move into the 21st Century - no tiny impossible to manuever batteries - rechargeable just like our drones.

Reactions: Former Member
Frequency spectrum is a big part of perceived loudness. The M2 and MPP has their noise band lower than previous models. They drone more than they screech.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
The MP2 props are Scimitar props. If you are interested in airfoil tech, check this out.

Nice vieo thanks - but no - The DJi Mav 2 Pro prop's are not 'Scimitar Propellers' ... These type are:
hercules_propeller.jpg ... note the gradual curve all along the leading edge. Mav' 2 Pro prop's are effectively straight along the leading edge, with a radical tip design.

Nice vieo thanks - but no - The DJi Mav 2 Pro prop's are not 'Scimitar Propellers' ... These type are:
View attachment 60206 ... note the gradual curve all along the leading edge. Mav' 2 Pro prop's are effectively straight along the leading edge, with a radical tip design.

Yep - quite correct. Although the tips are similar to most scimitar designs would you agree?

Yep - quite correct. Although the tips are similar to most scimitar designs would you agree?
I don't know what the design philosophy is behind these prop's, but it looks like the tips are just angled rather than being flat [squared], with the addition of a lobe that's there to smooth the transition of fast-moving air into slow at the tips (reducing drag). It would be interesting to see a prop design based on the full Scimitar curve for the Mavic, but just like the name-sake, you'd loose a finger if it got in the way!
M2P_props.jpg

I don't know what the design philosophy is behind these prop's, but it looks like the tips are just angled rather than being flat [squared], with the addition of a lobe that's there to smooth the transition of fast-moving air into slow at the tips (reducing drag). It would be interesting to see a prop design based on the full Scimitar curve for the Mavic, but just like the name-sake, you'd loose a finger if it got in the way!
View attachment 60208

A five blade scimitar for the Mavic 2.
Now there is a little project for the printer.

Would have to have fixed rather than folding blades to keep it simple and also keep the weight down I imagine.

I’m not real keen on folding props anyway.
Very handy of course but there is always a trade off when you add a moving part.

They would look cool too. Let’s not forget that.

When DJI brought in the “quiet” prop shape they might not of been much quieter but they definitely looked cooler :)

And nobody wants props on their quad that look like they came off a Sopwith Camel. Haha.

Actually the Sopwith Camel prop did have a curved leading edge.... hmmmm

Attachments

• 26409A66-C930-4DE3-9DA5-E10F66AE8D27.jpeg
    26409A66-C930-4DE3-9DA5-E10F66AE8D27.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics