DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 stunts & flips???

I love all the immature negativity amongst some of the people’s responses, apparently some read my entire post and apparently others did not, all I wanted to know was could you, how to if anyone has done it, and just to get a laugh out of the people who obviously have no in depth thought process. Lmfao. Thank you for all the mature and professional responses back, at least we know there are still some good people out there who just simply will give a simple response to a simple question.

Who would of thought that so many people would post the comments they did, lol, I’m still dying laughing at some of them. Keep
The comments rolling in, I’m enjoying life tonight laughing and admiring all this info about the Mavic 2 Drone and a simple question about flying a drone that I bought.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Who here knows how to perform stunts and flips with a Mavic 2? Not sure how to make my drone do a flip but I’m curious as my son has a cheap little $60 drone and he can make it flip while flying or just hovering!

He’s 6 years old so of course he’s bragging that his drone can do this and daddy’s expensive $1400 drone can’t!

Maybe I’m just to scared of destroying a thousand dollar plus drone versus a $60 drone, lol anyways just curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to do stunts, my sons drone has a “Stunt Button” before anyone asks how he does his flips .

so it looks like all you got were jokes and so on.
so i will bother to answer seriously. the FPV freestyle flying where usually all the flips and stunts are done is not using any kind of the gyro and accelerometer data driven stabilization. you fly your model purely by the input of your sticks - with racing drone on the Betaflight code this mode is called ACRO - and it is the most commonly known name.

I totally agree with what others suggested - your attempt to learn to fly acro mode using mavic will most definitely result with you ordering a replacement for a broken mavic. it is not intended for this and will brake into pieces from hard impact.
if you want to learn freestyle fpv flying - this is the best entry level model now to do it, using real betaflight code:
https://www.amazon.com/EMAX-Tinyhawk-Goggles-Controller-Beginners/dp/B07M9ZGV1Q/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1W5N2VMH4D4JY&keywords=tinyhawk&qid=1551200043&s=gateway&sprefix=tinyhaw,aps,127&sr=8-2
the link above has it with the radio and a complete kit. if you already have frsky taranis radio capable of D8 connection - then you would only need the model itself:
https://www.amazon.com/EMAX-Tinyhawk-Brushless-Beginners-Inverted/dp/B07JNBQMHK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1W5N2VMH4D4JY&keywords=tinyhawk&qid=1551200094&s=gateway&sprefix=tinyhaw,aps,127&sr=8-1

nevertheless, if you DO know how to fly in acro mode - mavics do have a non-stabilized flying mode available.
it is a mode '0 = Manual Mode (GPS position and Altitude Stabilization are disabled)' that can be set using old hacked dji assistant 1.1.2 into the g_config_control_control_mode[1] parameter. Do it at your own risk.

then with stabilization disabled it will do what you`ll tell it to do, to an extent of its power, which is not much at all compared to usual racing drones.

PS. it is also probably worth to clarify that any toy drone 'flips' got nothing to do with acro stunts as all toy drones fly in the stabilize mode only and those 'flips' are usually pre-programmed flight controller reactions to a rapid movement of the roll stick from left to right and back. a real acro mode flip is a whole different deal.
watch this:

Last edited:
Heres the M AIR flips
Get this clickbait out of here.
Not even a Mavic 2.

oji195c.jpg

M2P in manual mode = unlimited ascent and descent speeds plus pitch and roll 360 degrees.

Last edited:
Who here knows how to perform stunts and flips with a Mavic 2? Not sure how to make my drone do a flip but I’m curious as my son has a cheap little $60 drone and he can make it flip while flying or just hovering!

He’s 6 years old so of course he’s bragging that his drone can do this and daddy’s expensive $1400 drone can’t!

Maybe I’m just to scared of destroying a thousand dollar plus drone versus a $60 drone, lol anyways just curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to do stunts, my sons drone has a “Stunt Button” before anyone asks how he does his flips .

The Mavic 2 can do those maneuvers, but you have to put it into full manual mode first. Not recommended.

Simple answer. Ask him if his $60 drone has an intelligent battery, return to home, 25 minutes flight time, can take 4k video or stills, can hover and land within inches of where it took off from?

BTW, tell him nobody likes him! That will usually stop a 6 year old in his tracks.
Man kinda harsh and kinda funny. But let’s face it would be cool. I have a bebop power does all except 4K but flies 4G so seams fair. And yeah it flips. Lol

Simple answer. Ask him if his $60 drone has an intelligent battery, return to home, 25 minutes flight time, can take 4k video or stills, can hover and land within inches of where it took off from?

BTW, tell him nobody likes him! That will usually stop a 6 year old in his tracks.

:D
Luckily, Thunderdrones fixes drones, not relationships.

Wait til u spend 2.5 on a Dual only to find the Pilot app won't even let u track yourself...my mates have mincemeat of me, your son should be easy...

Those of you reading this are probably where I was $1500 ago. Please do not do this. It's really, honestly, not worth it.

I discovered manual mode by flipping on accident. I was lucky that time, but I was stupid enough to attempt the flips again.
I ended up losing a brand new M2Z due to what I suspect was the battery falling out at such extreme angles.
It was a warranty repair from the first M2Z, which also plummeted into the ground in manual mode. That time I believe a motor overheated, but there's no way to say for sure.

You cannot maintain enough control in this mode to ensure safety of the drone, much less the people underneath you.
I have recently purchased yet another M2Z but am now looking to involve myself again in these forums by discouraging the poor piloting ethics I have learned from.

The unpredictability of a Mavic in manual mode on top of flight styles pushing the limits will (at least) end up in a lost bird sooner or later - or two in my case.

Be safe fellow thrill seeker and remember what an awesome machine you own already.

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto