DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 vision system calibration

marcorasi1960

Reactions
I started getting this message that I need to calibrate the vision system of my Mavic 2. I looked at videos online and it looks like a fairly cumbersome process. Am I overestimating the complexity of the process? Is it really necessary to do it? Message tells me that if I don't recalibrate it, obstacle detection may not work, but it seems to work ok. I would appreciate it if someone who has experience with this calibration could comment on it. Is it really necessary? Is it easy to do? Once it's done, will it last, or will I have to do it over and over again? Thanks

Its not all that difficult. You should absolutely go through the process. I have done it and it has not prompted me to re-calibrate since.

Its really necessary if you want obstacle detection to work properly. The App would not prompt you to perform the calibration if it was not necessary.

Try and always err on the side of caution with your flying machine.

One wants to reduce the potential for erratic behavior from thier Mavic and this is just another way to do so. Plus this is noted and DJI "may" be able to determine that this message was provided . Then if there is a warranty claim DJI could state " Well , you have not calibrated the vision system as instructed and this lead to your crash" . Then deny your claim.

Reactions: marcorasi1960
Thanks again. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to open the DJI assistant on my Mac. I get the attached message. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

marcorasi1960 go into security & privacy and make sure App Store and identified developers is selected
you might af to click on the lock to unlock it hope it helps

Reactions: marcorasi1960
Thanks zappy54. That worked. Now I have another problem (not having a good day!). I am trying to start calibration, but I am stuck on this attached screen. The 'calibrate now' button is inactive and showing 'rotating hourglass symbol' indefinitely. Any suggestions?71970

I am trying calibrate the vision system but no luck so far.
I have latest FW .510 and Assistant 2
The software calibration goes well for all sensors until the last step, it says calculating with the following message (see photo)
It does not move from 0%
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    192.5 KB · Views: 8
That happened to me too. It was not the last step, but an intermediate one. I restarted from scratch and it happened again. I turned everything off and I tried a third time and it worked without a problem. I have no idea why, but if I were you I would try again. A real pain in the neck... but worth it

That happened to me too. It was not the last step, but an intermediate one. I restarted from scratch and it happened again. I turned everything off and I tried a third time and it worked without a problem. I have no idea why, but if I were you I would try again. A real pain in the neck... but worth it
Yea, I have also found it easy, but finicky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki