DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom. Camara inverted after crash

You can gently pull the whole gimbal assembly up towards you as it’s on rubber dampeners and that should give you a bit of room to rotate the camera towards you, good luck I hope you haven’t damaged anything , getting a gimbal motor overload message by any chance ?

Thank you Rob at @Thunderdrones. My last concern is on what sense shall I turn the Camara?
I attach link to video in youtube. Thanks in advance.

It depends on which way the Gimbal bent up. If it hit while the Mavic was going forward, you can try rotating the camera it down. Again, not too much pressure because if it isnt broken, and just spun around on impact, if you apply too much pressure, you could damage the motor assembly.

If the gimbal hit going straight down, then you can try rotating it up.

I see this is being the biggest problem so far that I have repaired with the Mavic 2 gimbals, both Pro and Zoom. Some live after being crashed and rotated backwards, some dont. If owners try this on their own, they could very well damage a fully functional gimbal that just needed to be rotated back. On stubborn ones, I have to disassemble the gimbal and rotate it back.

Short version, if you decide to rotate the gimbal back by yourself, be careful and dont force it too hard. Or, you can just disassemble it, and that will be the better way to do it.

So far no success. I still have the camara blocked on the contrary side. I realize that the you can see the 3 tabs on the right side of the camara mount slightly disconnected.This is the impact side. I did open right and left covers and there are 3 small screws in each side. I think the way to go is take off the screws and try to release the camara from the bracket holder. There is something blocking the camara and if I apply too much force I may brake the pinions bearing. Thank all you guys for the generous help.

Attachments

• 3_tabs.jpg
    3_tabs.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
So far no success. I still have the camara blocked on the contrary side. I realize that the you can see the 3 tabs on the right side of the camara mount slightly disconnected.This is the impact side. I did open right and left covers and there are 3 small screws in each side. I think the way to go is take off the screws and try to release the camara from the bracket holder. There is something blocking the camara and if I apply too much force I may brake the pinions bearing. Thank all you guys for the generous help.

Be very very very careful. If you break the ribbon cable, they are very hard to find. Tread lightly. If your gimbal still has video feed, then that cable is still intact.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Also, try not to bend the motor assembly arm when you try to remove the camera from the assembly. You will have to gently but strongly spread the forks open to get the camera out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64