DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom - camera reversed 180 degrees after crash

kriegtiger

Reactions
I was bringing the drone back to me, let up on the stick and rather than stopping it kept going forwards and crashed into the side of my house nose/camera first. Landed in some grass in a belly down position and seemed alright after recovering it. Then I noticed that the camera had flipped literally 180 degrees on the hinge that holds it in place. Rather than point forward rotate down, it now points backward and rotates up.

I am reluctant to put too much strain on any piece of it to rotate it back, and when powering up it goes through the normal motions like you'd expect. So it seems there's no damage, only the camera is facing the wrong direction. How do I rotate it back around? I would guess I need to somehow spread the arm that pinches around the sides of the camera, in order to free up whatever blocking mechanism there is that keeps the camera in that 90degree forward/down arc.. can anybody confirm? I've seen one other thread on the forum with this exact incident so far - Mavic 2 zoom. Camara inverted after crash - but no real details of a fix posted in there, just reference to 'talk to XYZ person'.

Update:
Found another thread with similar problem, and the fix I guessed at is the one I need. Wish me luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78