Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Crash

Hudsonguy

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Tragedy struck today.

I crashed my Mavic Zoom.

I fly from my deck on the 6th floor. I usually use DJI Go 4.

Today I used Litchi to take advantage of their Waypoint system that allows you map the course without flying.

(Yup, flawed plan, flawed reasoning, New guy move)

I’m not sure how Litchi calculated the altitude once my drone left my 6th floor terrace. I let it hover, for a while, but ultimately I was distracted by the video of the Hudson River.

Anyway, It’s stuck at the top of a tree. The area around base of the tree is accessible and could accommodate a Cherry Picker like the power guys and arborists use.

Any suggestions on what sorts of companies would help out with this?

I’m hoping the weather will hold.

For clarity, I’m not blaming Litchi. This was my error. Next the light was low, so the sensors/drone never had a chance.

Thoughts?

Tragedy struck today.

I crashed my Mavic Zoom.

Today I used Litchi to take advantage of their Waypoint system that allows you map the course without flying.

I’m not sure how Litchi calculated the altitude once my drone left my 6th floor terrace. I let it hover, for a while, but ultimately I was distracted by the video of the Hudson River.

Anyway, It’s stuck at the top of a tree. The area around base of the tree is accessible and could accommodate a Cherry Picker like the power guys and arborists use.

For clarity, I’m not blaming Litchi. This was my error. Next the light was low, so the sensors/drone never had a chance.

Thoughts?

Is the tree on private of public property?

How tall is the tree?

If it is private property would the owner allow someone to climb said tree?

If the tree isn't too tall you might be able to rent and extendable pole to retrieve it other wise I'm sure that you can find someone from a tree trimming or window washing company that would gladly retrieve it for you as a side gig.

Find a drone flying fireman! But, as suggested, a tree trimming service should be able to do it. They have what I'd call tree climbing "crampons" and webbing. Depending on height, they could be up and down the tree in less than 5 minutes.

Good luck

Reactions: TR Ganey
Tragedy struck today.

I crashed my Mavic Zoom.

Thoughts?
Riverside Dr?

Is the tree on private of public property?

How tall is the tree?

If it is private property would the owner allow someone to climb said tree?

If the tree isn't too tall you might be able to rent and extendable pole to retrieve it other wise I'm sure that you can find someone from a tree trimming or window washing company that would gladly retrieve it for you as a side gig.

TR
Thx. For the suggestions. A big storm blew in and knocked it down. Fortunately, it fell into a bridge maintenance area and I was able to retrieve.

The zoom camera was damaged in terms of both the optics and the gantry.

Gonna send it in with refresh program

Reactions: TR Ganey
TR
Thx. For the suggestions. A big storm blew in and knocked it down. Fortunately, it fell into a bridge maintenance area and I was able to retrieve.

The zoom camera was damaged in terms of both the optics and the gantry.

Gonna send it in with refresh program

Glad you got it back and sorry it had damage. Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround and you'll be back in the air real soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt