DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom failed to record

fdewarren

Reactions
I took the Mavic 2 zoom for a flight today and after the flight, I was surprised to find abolutely no video or photos made during the flight on the SD card.
Obviously I checked the internal memory, it is also empty.
I did videos, sphere, panorama, HD photos and a waypoint mission... and none were recorded.
The only record I have is a low res video on the controller. The controller memory was full so I got only 1 video file and none of the photos.
Has this happened to anyone elese before?

I did a control flight after that at my house and ... guess what? photos and videos get recorded just fine...

I don't know what's wrong and now I will have doubts at every flight.

My first though is that you were not on the SD card and that you accidentally had it on the Internal memory that was full. That makes the most sense , , I dont think it will happen to you again now that your very aware to check that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 Zoom in the Rain.

I think the same as Phantom rain.
If, after the drone was powered up with out a memory card, I put a memory card in for the next power up, I usually/always get a message saying an alternate memory is available. I think it then asks if I want to use the new memory space but it's so routine a message that my response is automatic and so unthought about that I am not certain of that message/question.

However this does make me wonder whether a full internal memory is protected or over written?

Internal memory is empty as well.
The only proof I have of the recording in on the rmote controller in low quality.
And still, it only saved the videos,

In that case I would test the card with something like H2testw. Try a different card in the drone and shoot a test video whilst the drone is sat on a table etc. If H2testw finds the card ok repeat that video test with the card.
Depending on card size H2Testw can take a LONG time to run so be warned of that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair