DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom found at Taughannock Falls, Ithaca, NY.

Bdates

Reactions
I found the drone today while hiking off trail with my family. The battery is gone, along with 2 propellers, but the mini SD was in it and I was able to view footage. No owner info on the SD card or the QR Codes. What's the best way to try and return it to it's rightful owner?

Posting here is a good start.
If the trail is in a managed jurisdiction, let management know of your find in case the owner contacts them.

Reactions: Bdates
I found the drone today while hiking off trail with my family. The battery is gone, along with 2 propellers, but the mini SD was in it and I was able to view footage. No owner info on the SD card or the QR Codes. What's the best way to try and return it to it's rightful owner?

Does it have an FAA# on it? Starts with FA

Does it have an FAA# on it? Starts with FA
No FAA number on it. Still has the stickers on it, so must be relatively newer, although it appears to have been laying there for some time. I sent the serial# to DJI and posted about it in a Mavic Facebook group. The park it was found in prohibits flying drones, so it's not likely that the owner would attempt to claim it for fear of being cited. My next step is to find the local DJI dealer and have them pop a battery in it and plug it into the DJI web site or app. That's the advice I was given on FB.

Reactions: brett8883
No FAA number on it. Still has the stickers on it, so must be relatively newer, although it appears to have been laying there for some time. I sent the serial# to DJI and posted about it in a Mavic Facebook group. The park it was found in prohibits flying drones, so it's not likely that the owner would attempt to claim it for fear of being cited. My next step is to find the local DJI dealer and have them pop a battery in it and plug it into the DJI web site or app. That's the advice I was given on FB.

On the inside of where the battery would go there’s also an “FC #.” That would be another number DJI might be able to look up the owner by. That number gets sent to DJI when the Mavic is activated with a DJI account. The s/n might be sent too but I know the FC#(flight controller) number gets sent.

I think I speak for all Mavic owners when I say thank you for the time and effort you are spending to reunite it with it’s owner! Major karma points heading your way!

If it was a flyaway I wouldn't think they would pursue that but who knows. Hat's off to you for your efforts to find the rightful owner.

In March I flew my mavic 2 at that location but never noticed any signage prohibiting drone flights?

In March I flew my mavic 2 at that location but never noticed any signage prohibiting drone flights?
Here's a video I did of Taughannock Falls in the winter. NY State Parks do not allow launching, landing, and operating drones from the park. I launched, landed, and controlled my Mavic 2 Pro from outside the park. It's a quick video by a novice. I hope you like it.
Taughannock Falls

Reactions: CJH92474
Thanks! I don't have an FC#. It has 3 QR Code stickers at various locations, and an additional QR Code with a different # on the camera.
On the inside of where the battery would go there’s also an “FC #.” That would be another number DJI might be able to look up the owner by. That number gets sent to DJI when the Mavic is activated with a DJI account. The s/n might be sent too but I know the FC#(flight controller) number gets sent.

I think I speak for all Mavic owners when I say thank you for the time and effort you are spending to reunite it with it’s owner! Major karma points heading your way!

All New York State Parks require the Remote Airman Certiificate, $2,000,000 liability insurance and a permit to fly 10 days in advance of the day you want to fly and it will cost you $50.00

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura