DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom gimbal problem after firmware upgrade

droncek

Reactions
Hello from new mavic 2 zoom user :)

I bought it new 3 days ago and made 4 very nice flights without any problems whatsoever. After last flight I upgraded firmware with dji assistant for mavic 2 series from V01.00.0200 to V01.00.0300 since dji go app was telling me to upgrade firmware and so I did. And here comes the problem. After succesful upgrade gimbal not working anymore. In dji go app there is no icon or menu for gimbal anymore, like gimbal not exist. Then I downgraded back to V01.00.0200 hoping it would solve the problem but it did not. Then I downgraded to basic V01.00.0100 with no difference.
I made a short video of what gimbal is doing during powering on where you can see that it not allign the camera to horisontal position:

Is there anything I can do to fix it without voiding a warranty. I'm frustrated since it is expensive brand new drone and if there is no easy fix I will have to send it to repair and will be one month without it.

Thank you and regards from EU!

Last edited:
Limp noodle syndrome. (Sorry, couldn’t resist)
Gimbal calibration?

There is no gimbal icon or menu in dji go anymore like that gimbal not exist on a drone. Otherways first thing I would do is calibrate gimbal.

Yep. I have seen this a few times. It sounds like you have gone the extra mile trying to get it to work.

If I were you I would get DJI on chat and see if they can help. They will probably tell you to send it in.

Yep. I have seen this a few times. It sounds like you have gone the extra mile trying to get it to work.

If I were you I would get DJI on chat and see if they can help. They will probably tell you to send it in.
When you have seen this what do you do to get it working?

i have the same problem whereas my zoom's gimbal is not working and the gimbal menu is missing from the setting screen. i sent back my drone to the shop where i bought them and they replaced the gimbal to a new one. luckily this problem happened within the warranty period. otherwise, it'll put a hole in my pocket

i did get dji on chat twice regarding this matter and they were all stumped. the only solution they gave was to ship the drone back to them for diagnostics

Reactions: Former Member
i would listen to them. Better get it done now, and not have to worry about it.

luckily i bought my drone from a well known dji distributor in Kuala Lumpur. i just deal with them without having 2 send my drone to dji china which probably takes a month or two to get it back

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada