DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom several disconnects in flight

FlyingD

Reactions
Hi,
I've just joined your group - a guy on the DJI forum suggested that there may be someone here that might be able to shed a bit more light on what happened with a flight which disconnected several times by analysing the Flight record:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I've had my Mavic 2 Zoom for a few weeks now and have flown maybe twenty times or so.
All went perfectly until a flight, a couple of weeks ago, when I had issues with disconnects in flight.
I waited until the Homepoint was set and then took off, but within maybe 10 seconds I got a green box saying that the SD card was too slow for recording & I lost all control.
What was scary was that the Mavic was hovering over a fast flowing river.
What happened next totally freaked me - the Mavic suddenly started to fly, at speed, sideways, towards some trees!
Before it hit the trees it stopped, hovered and after a brief time announced that it was doing a RTH.
It then did a perfect RTH and all ended well.
It's all been fine since then - I reinstalled firmware, reinstalled the app, bought a new MicroSD card & USB cable.
But I'd like to have a better understanding of what went wrong - I'm concerned that I lost control & even more worrying is that it headed off at speed without my input.
Any help would be much appreciated.........

Thanks for your reply.
The bridge was built 400 years ago - all stone, no metal.
I was using a U1 card which I thought would be OK for FHD video recording.
I did record a Homepoint and the Mavic 2 Zoom returned to it perfectly at the end of the scary flight.

yes your right sorry, I am wrong again!!
Home Point Updated

strange 1...have to wait for the expert log analytic forensic team on here

U1 won't cut it U3 is 4K nowadays
...did you launch from by a car which may have caused or emitting some interference?

Hi room . I have the Mavic 2 zoom . I woz out flying today for about 25 mins on an open field . I then started to fly Mavic 2 zoom Bk home and I come up to trees on my left and wall on my rite in sports mode drone woz about 8ft high .. when I woz under the trees the Mavic just flew rite up in to the trees about 18ft. I woz pressing down the drone woz fighting to go back up .i get get the drone back down to 6ft I had to grab its leg to stop it flying off ??? It woz going mad when I got a hold of it so I turned the controla off and the drone stop trying to take off in full speed why did this happen ????? Thanks

Are you sure you woz in sports mode? Or woz you in p-mode?

was APAS on if so it will try to avoid anything around it just a thought

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas