DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom + Smart Controller + Fly More Kit

Well my experience thus far has been somewhat dismal. I finally got a chance to spend a couple of hours downloading updates, and reading up on operating the unit... ready to give it a test run... only to get an activation failed error. Opened a support ticket with DJI and actually got a response late Sunday night stating they would get me to the right person to get help, but approaching 48 hours and nothing since.

I did a bit of searching, and it seems this is an issue that goes back a couple of years, and continues to plague some customers. I only saw one resolution, which I tried, but that did not work. So here I am with a $2,000+ toy that won't work. Obviously it will get resolved... but it sure is disappointing to say the least. I also contacted my dealer, who said he also notified them and asked me to give the 1-2 days to contact me. Maybe he meant 3-4 days.
And your dealer won't allow a return? After 3-4 days I would simply have boxed it up and started the return process. Let the dealer worry about sending it to dji or waiting for them to respond lol.

Use a little common sense and buy from the classified section on this forum via Paypal, pretty solid track record and you'll save a lot of $$$.

So now I'm not using "common sense" because I purchased from an authorized dealer at the lowest price I could find it anywhere?

What kind of comment is that... and how does it possibly contribute to this thread?

That's insulting, but funny none the less.

So now I'm not using "common sense" because I purchased from an authorized dealer at the lowest price I could find it anywhere?

What kind of comment is that... and how does it possibly contribute to this thread?

That's insulting, but funny none the less.

You misread, common sense being do your homework on the individual you're buying a used UAS from. Savings are greater from individuals vs dealers.

It does no good to make this suggestion after I have purchased a unit... not to mention I don't want a used unit... I wanted a new unit with the Refresh Care. Had I wanted a used unit I would have inquired about it initially.

I can tell you... although some of you probably already know... don't expect very prompt service from DJI. This concerns me about owning their products, as I have read quite a few complaints about how slow their service is.

Fortunately my dealer is on top of it and willing to send me a new unit packaged with the controller. I just hope I don't end up having more issues that require dealing with DJI later on.

Update:

It took DJI 5 days to figure out that the serial number on the unit they sent me was reported stolen. So this tells me they don't apparently don't have a database of what serial numbers go to each dealer, and don't inquire to the dealers when a unit is reported stolen. Seems very unusual for a professional business.

While they have a way to stop activation remotely, they have no way to allow activation remotely, which is silly. I had to return the unit to the dealer for a swap.

You can slice it anyway you want... but I classify this as poor customer service.

Update:

It took DJI 5 days to figure out that the serial number on the unit they sent me was reported stolen. So this tells me they don't apparently don't have a database of what serial numbers go to each dealer, and don't inquire to the dealers when a unit is reported stolen. Seems very unusual for a professional business.

While they have a way to stop activation remotely, they have no way to allow activation remotely, which is silly. I had to return the unit to the dealer for a swap.

You can slice it anyway you want... but I classify this as poor customer service.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre