Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom, Spin in from wire

Repaid1

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Well Dang it. Had to happen sooner or later, could have been much worse. So I was doing a shoot yesterday and then a couple of by standers came up and I took them for a flight/ride along with my Cinemizers glasses. Last flight I switched to sports mode to show them how fast it flew. There was one (1) darn electric wire spanning about 12-15 foot high across the field I was flying I had adjusted high and low for it for each flight, but the last zip across I misjudged and clipped it with my prop. She flipped around and tried to recover but I was about a foot or so shy low so she hit the grass and broke a landing leg. All other inspection showed no other damage and a quick flight check showed she is A-OK otherwise. Worst thing is the Leg is only about $10, but the MAS props are $30:oops: As I said could have cost me much more...lesson learned...fly about 5 foot higher and quit hotdogging :p

Attachments

• M2MAS[1].jpg
    M2MAS[1].jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 20
  • M2Leg[1].jpg
    M2Leg[1].jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ckoerner

JAW

Did I Just Back Into That Tree?
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Must have been embarrassing 😀

Repaid1

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Must have been embarrassing 😀
No not really, I was in a full reverse for braking as I "knew" it looked close. I actually was probably just under the wire and would have missed it. The couple were quite sympathetic but I assured them it was a cheap simple repair...I hadn't noticed the prop at the time though :)

Tashmoo

Reactions
The one time I crashed mine I too was in sport mode. Now I pretty much ignore sport mode. They should label it ‘crash’ mode.

Reactions: Mavic2zoomAptos