DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom status lights blinks red during flight

Reactions
Hi, I just bought a mavic 2 zoom, and every time I fly, the status light blink green (normal) , but now and then they blink a couple of times red and then return to green. I've check everything, the sensors are OK (IMU and compass), I've done the IMU calibration, but this happens every time I fly. I get no warnings on the cellphone screen. Is this normal or my drone is in danger of crashing?

Here’s the explanation from the manual. Not sure it describes your event... let’s see what others say. I would recommend asking DJI as it has the potential for problems.
0035701D-1B05-40CA-A67C-A297FF05587E.png

Here’s the explanation from the manual. Not sure it describes your event... let’s see what others say. I would recommend asking DJI as it has the potential for problems.
View attachment 92826
Yes, I've check this... But the thing is the lights only blink a couple of times red (not all the time) and then return to green, and the battery level is ok, and the IMU sensor also OK. The drone flights normal.

Reactions: DougMcC
Yes, I've check this... But the thing is the lights only blink a couple of times red (not all the time) and then return to green, and the battery level is ok, and the IMU sensor also OK. The drone flights normal.
Understand. My concern would be a software or hardware glitch.

Understand. My concern would be a software or hardware
Hi, I just bought a mavic 2 zoom, and every time I fly, the status light blink green (normal) , but now and then they blink a couple of times red and then return to green. I've check everything, the sensors are OK (IMU and compass), I've done the IMU calibration, but this happens every time I fly. I get no warnings on the cellphone screen. Is this normal or my drone is in danger of crashing?
You might be within proximity of a No Flight Zone or restriction of some sort.

You are flying within some type of restricted/warning zone.
For instance an AIAA or your altitude may be limited to 60m or similar.

Covered previously - try using search.

You might be within proximity of a No Flight Zone or restriction of some sort.
Maybe, but I TO and land several times a week in my practice area and my TO is w/in NFZs of 2 airports (I do have a 2yr FAA clearance, but have never needed to advise DJI), and I have never seen the pattern of red lights OP describes.

The Editor May have it! I do have to fly below 250’.... unless this occurs on the ground.

Maybe, but I TO and land several times a week in my practice area and my TO is w/in NFZs of 2 airports (I do have a 2yr FAA clearance, but have never needed to advise DJI), and I have never seen the pattern of red lights OP describes.

The Editor May have it! I do have to fly below 250’.... unless this occurs on the ground.
If you are in the restricted altitude area you should see the light sequence on the ground (once GPS lock is obtained) as well as in the air.
You will also get a warning that “Flight is limited to xx altitude, fly with caution” (or similar)

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
You are flying within some type of restricted/warning zone.
For instance an AIAA or your altitude may be limited to 60m or similar.

Covered previously - try using search.

Thank you!!! I would appreciate this topic it in the owner's manual. I will try to fly in a non restricted zone, and hopefully all will be normal.

If you are in the restricted altitude area you should see the light sequence on the ground (once GPS lock is obtained) as well as in the air.
You will also get a warning that “Flight is limited to xx altitude, fly with caution” (or similar)
Maybe it’s something with the FAA clearance... I do fly legally, but never get the warning you describe.... hmmm... off to do some research.

Thank you!!! I would appreciate this topic it in the owner's manual. I will try to fly in a non restricted zone, and hopefully all will be normal.
You’re fine to fly in the zone.
It just gives you a warning and restricts your altitude. So even if you tried to fly higher than the restriction, the aircraft wouldn’t let you.

Maybe it’s something with the FAA clearance... I do fly legally, but never get the warning you describe.... hmmm... off to do some research.
That’s strange - you should get a scrolling banner across the GPS/Atti indicator top left of the app (as well as the light sequence).

I would like to thank everyone who has took the time to post in this topic... It's very comforting to know there's always someone willing to help a new drone pilot....

Reactions: Gindra and Mavco
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet