DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom Trackimo mounting

Hello, I do not have a DJI drone yet, but I plan to buy it in the near future.
I am trying to understand the difference of using an additional GPS tracker, and Airdata.com with the same function. Can anyone explain to me the meaning of why you are using Trackimo?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
The info you will get out of AirData, which is the same info you can get out of the Find My Drone feature from the DJI Go app, will tell you the last position the drone reported. That will likely get you "close" - however, if the drone hits a rock, falls, the battery comes out and rolls down a hill, then it is no longer where the last reported position was (and the reported positions happen on some time-frequency, so its not necessarily even the last point of life).

Trackimo, or other devices like the MarcoPolo (which is a radio tracker not relying on GPS or cell signal to an app, etc), are independently powered, so as long as they do not get separated from the drone will in theory be able to lead you to the "dead" drone for recovery purposes.

I looked at the various options and decided to go with the MarcoPolo AND a beeper solution (DroneKeeper) - my thinking is that I will sometimes be in areas where there is marginal cell signal, so a GPS / App tracking solution could fail me - the Marco Polo has, in theory, a 2 mile range - but assume 1 mile or maybe a bit more in practice depending on the terrain. My expectation is that the GPS info on the controller log itself will get me "in the ballpark", then MarcoPolo can guide me in - and the DroneKeeper beeper will quicken finding it in the last feet if its in tall grass, or up in a tree, etc....

Reactions: Centro777
mwardncsu,
thank you, I think this setup is one of the most interesting today, although not the cheapest, considering the cost of Marco Polo

Another good option is the Lok8tor, but unfortunately it has a relatively short range, but considering its small size and cost, it is a very good alternative.

Found the best way is to use a one inch square of 3M Scotch SJ 3550 dual lock tape (1 piece on the Trackimo and 1 piece on the Mavic) just forward of the battery, absolutely brilliant, forget Velcro this stuff works ... No play like when you use Velcro
This stuff beats even heavy duty Velcro .......
My Trackimo isn't going anywhere
PS
It's Expensive but it's EXCELLENT
This is the dog's dangly bits of sticking things to other things :cool:

Pretty impressive video but they didn't show removing it. I mount my tracker on top of the battery to avoid issues with the GPS etc so I remove and replace my tracker every time I change batteries or when putting the drone in the case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian