DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 zoom using camera view

SkyDogII

Reactions
Hey there,
new to the drone and all. Been an RC guy for years, I really enjoy the new drone hobby.
I was going to use the zoom's camera and make a move in my house for insurance.
I wasn't going to fly, i want to hold it in my hand and hold my phone in my other hand and walk around to take picture sand a movies...
I don't want to hold the controller or have it turned on.

Went into the Go4 app and click on enter device.
the next screen come on says connect to aircraft or center camera view without a connection.
every time this feature doesn't work.
any ideas of what I am doing wrong?
Here's a picture of the screen i am talking aboutImage-1.jpg
I've also seen those attachments that go on to the drone and it holds everything all nice and nice. Any good?

thanks in advance for your comments
skydog

You see that with your controller and drone powered up ?
That is normal if they are not.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hey there,
new to the drone and all. Been an RC guy for years, I really enjoy the new drone hobby.
I was going to use the zoom's camera and make a move in my house for insurance.
I wasn't going to fly, i want to hold it in my hand and hold my phone in my other hand and walk around to take picture sand a movies...
I don't want to hold the controller or have it turned on.

Went into the Go4 app and click on enter device.
the next screen come on says connect to aircraft or center camera view without a connection.
every time this feature doesn't work.
any ideas of what I am doing wrong?
Here's a picture of the screen i am talking aboutView attachment 82002
I've also seen those attachments that go on to the drone and it holds everything all nice and nice. Any good?

thanks in advance for your comments
skydog
To enter the go app without a connection is for access to the editor, viewer or certain settings only.
You will need to use the connected choice for what you are trying to achieve. Besides, there is no shutter button on the drone itself.
You will still require the controller to take photos and videos. That requires a full connection.

The drone is powered on with the arms extended and props off.
The remote controller is off and not connected to the drone at all or connected to my phone at all.
I'm running DJI Go4 app on my phone.
That's the screen I see with the above conditions.
when I click on enter camera view without connection, I was expecting to see live video from my zoom's camera.
the screen flashes black and says aircraft disconnected...

have you ever gotten this to work? what am I missing?

The MP and MPP could connect via WiFi directly to the phone/tablet and Go 4 but they did away with that for the M2 series. There are hand grips you can get that will solve your problem. Google mavic 2 hand grip.

I just wanted to fool around and all. I was going to get that gimbal handle and put my DJI goggles on, set it to head control and have some more fun experimenting. But 50 bucks. Not. Maybe for 20. Your right the phone is easier. And ****for $120 I guess I could buy dji’s New osmodo phone gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111