DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom vs Enterprise Zoom, difference?

Darkabaz

Reactions
I am a proud owner of the M2 Zoom and Pro. Last week i was looking to the specs of the Enterprise (zoom). I could not find that much of changes between the M2Z and the M2EZ. The only thing i found are the possibility for using accesoires on top and 6x zoom instead of 4x (m2z). The M2EZ is also a password protected unit. And also the price is much higher, think because of its bussiness usage.

Is it worth to sell the M2Z and buy a M2EZ? I am a movie/photo creator and maybe it is worth it to use it also for other work like photo/video.

How is your opinion guys?

@Darkabaz only if you have a need for the added top mounted accessories or pre heated batteries ,its more for SAR and is in reality the same airframe with some subtle changes

There are differences on some PCBs though, so it's not only different plastics.
I'm pretty sure you can burn something if you try to frankenstein M2 and M2E.

i'm pretty sure the feed from the enterprise version is encrypted too as well as the internal storage being increased from 8gb to 24gb

I am a proud owner of the M2 Zoom and Pro. Last week i was looking to the specs of the Enterprise (zoom). I could not find that much of changes between the M2Z and the M2EZ. The only thing i found are the possibility for using accesoires on top and 6x zoom instead of 4x (m2z). The M2EZ is also a password protected unit. And also the price is much higher, think because of its bussiness usage.

Is it worth to sell the M2Z and buy a M2EZ? I am a movie/photo creator and maybe it is worth it to use it also for other work like photo/video.

I have both a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic 2 Zoom. I am in law enforcement and have used a MEZ, MED, and now am using a MEA for search and rescue and other purposes.

As you and others have noted, the primary differences between the Mavic 2 and Mavic Enterprise models is the inclusion of top mounted spotlight, strobe, and speaker, as well as self heating batteries, and a larger onboard HD.

With the standard batteries, the Mavic 2 is rated down to 0 degrees, with the self heating batteries, DJI rates it to -10 degrees. The batteries are interchangeable between the Mavic 2 and Mavic E models, so you can use the self heating batteries in your Mavic 2.

The spotlight has a pretty good output, but is does drain the battery faster, and would not be that much use for providing significant lighting for photos or video. Everyone's needs are different, but in my opinion the extra features of the ME models are not worth it for most consumers.

Of note, we are planning on buying additional Enterprise models, but are waiting to hear that DJI will be making an Enterprise drone based on the M3 platform, which at the very least, will give improved flight times.

The ME Advanced was a big improvement over the MEZ and MED as it combined zoom and FLIR capability with a much higher resolution FLIR, and added the ability to show a split screen of both visual and FLIR cameras to help identify persons or problems.

Here is a split screen photo from a recent fire scene.

DJI_0976.JPG

If you know what you want to specialize in than you might be much better off in using the Third Party Companies to build your M2 Zoom

Screenshot-05-30-2020-23-36-52-5ed4fe58ab7ce.jpg

Screenshot 05-30-2020 23.37.31.jpgimage1.jpg
This way you can Dial in what you really need, if it lights : Release Mechanism or Audio Notes

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That looks great. Is the light on top rc remoted ? Or just on/off when on ground?
Its all remote thru the controller with this setup and you will also see a laser as well.
The Battery on the back runs the Release , the laser and the spot lights.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Darkabaz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61