DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2zoom to pro swap

barrybcar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So this was supposed to be super simple . But I did not have the right sized hex bit. It arrived today. Now I’ve found one screw seems to have a bit of the original bit broken off into the hex opening . I cannot get the driver in the hole . Any suggestions? I’m not used to working with things this tiny .

The screws may have some rubber goo over them to discourage swapping, and as a security device as proof of swapping. Just pry it out with a sharp tool. You can stuff it back in later, if you want.

Not likely it's a bit broken off - those screws don't take near enough torque to damage a driver!. DJI uses a tiny dab of glue in the screw head as an "anti-tamper". Use a sharp needle or pick to "flick" it out.
Thumbswayup

Okay guys. I love you all. I picked at it more than I would have felt comfortable with without your encouragement and what do you know, something like hot glue popped right out. The rest was easy peasy.

Okay guys. I love you all. I picked at it more than I would have felt comfortable with without your encouragement and what do you know, something like hot glue popped right out. The rest was easy peasy.
That's the security screw head that they put it on. Remember to put it back on that one, if you ever need to send it back in with the Zoom camera on for any warranty issues. You'll love the Pro camera compared to the zoom. You now have easy "auto-exposure adjustment" on the right scroll wheel instead of zoom! Don't over tighten the screws. You may want to swap back and forth, once you get the hang of it. It's a little terrifying at first, but I've done it about a dozen times already!

So this was supposed to be super simple . But I did not have the right sized hex bit. It arrived today. Now I’ve found one screw seems to have a bit of the original bit broken off into the hex opening . I cannot get the driver in the hole . Any suggestions? I’m not used to working with things this tiny .
A good investment:

Reactions: rehkram
Last edited:
No but has the proper security tool bit.
That is the really critical one! Lots of other security toolbits in that kit that can get you into all sorts of devices we were never intended to get into! ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada