DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 24 FPS Strange Noise Issue

JP4DESIGNZ

Reactions
Is anyone seeing additional noise introduced when filming at 24 fps in low light compared to other frame rates? With my Mavic 3 (non-cine) when using 3200 & 6400, the 24 fps footage looks terrible however, if I select any other frame rate (no matter the resolution) the image cleans up nicely. I’m filming in H.265 and CBR. See below link:
Mavic3_Noise_Issue.MP4

Last edited:
I'm not seeing noise introduced but I am seeing artificial gain (luminosity) at 24fps vs 25fps. Frames rate should not affect exposure at all but these show that everything is brighter at 24, i.e. the darks are boosted so noise is more evident. Bump the aperture to a higher number (smaller opening) and it should look about the same. IMO. I may try to get out and test it but not sure when I can

Reactions: Saladshooter
Is anyone seeing additional noise introduced when filming at 24 fps in low light compared to other frame rates? With my Mavic 3 (non-cine) when using 3200 & 6400, the 24 fps footage looks terrible however, if I select any other frame rate (no matter the resolution) the image cleans up nicely. I’m filming in H.265 and CBR. See below link:
Mavic3_Noise_Issue.MP4
Is that happening just in the live view or in the recorded video too? It looks like you have a lot of flicker at 24 fps and what you are seeing kind of reminds me of what happens when you have flicker reduction on with Sony cameras. Try turning flicker off and see what happens

The issue shows up in the video as well. See below link:
Mavic3_Gain_Issue - Google Drive

I see the flicker now and will test it off tonight.
Well there’s flicker in both videos so that wouldn’t seem to explain it. There’s certainly heavy noise reduction being applied to the higher frame rates as they have completely chopped off the noise floor. This is where areas that are the darkest actually have no noise even though the darkest areas should have the most noise. Clear sign of heavy processing.

As to why the 24 fps doesn’t have the heavier noise reduction is hard to say.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3