DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 and RC Pro waypoint map is greying out

solidhouse

Reactions
This is a question for anyone who has upgraded to the latest firmware for Mavic 3 and RC Pro.
When I am creating waypoints, the map turns completely gray and I can not see anything in the map. If I touch a specific area on the map, the map comes back momentarily and then goes back to gray after lifting my finger.
Anyone else experiencing these issues with the RC Pro?

Yes. I tapped on the layer icon and changed they layer which was much better.

First.
After upgrade the firmware, you need to connect the RC pro to you WiFi.
DJI fly app will ask you to Log in to your DJI account.
After that, you need to download the offline maps on your profile options once you are logged in.
Then you can go to your guide and camera view, open the maps, change to mix maps and then you can see the maps.

This is a question for anyone who has upgraded to the latest firmware for Mavic 3 and RC Pro.
When I am creating waypoints, the map turns completely gray and I can not see anything in the map. If I touch a specific area on the map, the map comes back momentarily and then goes back to gray after lifting my finger.
Waypoints does seem to be buggy covered in other threads. I had the same problem, it seems to be impossible to exit waypoint mode in the map view & it crashes occasionally. I snagged a bunch of these errors with DJI a few days ago & had no response so far.

How do you create waypoints? with the Mavic 3 (standard or cine)? I have both of those with an RC Pro controller. I recently started doing photogrammetry and would kill to have the option to fly waypoints rather than manually fly a grid! I thought waypoints were a feature for the RTK / enterprise version?

I've figured out how to to fix the greyed out issue on the RC Pro controller.

Go to map view, Clicked the "I" button to the far right, and then uncheck "altitude zone".

The constant changing from grey to map view will stop completely.

Reactions: E.151 and GadgetGuy
Good call solidhouse, will check that out, but I still think waypoints is buggy, I’ve had it crash a couple of times.

Waypoints does seem to be buggy covered in other threads. I had the same problem, it seems to be impossible to exit waypoint mode in the map view & it crashes occasionally. I snagged a bunch of these errors with DJI a few days ago & had no response so far.
I flew this for the first time today using both my iPhone and my TriplTek Android tablet and it mostly worked the way I had hoped. It didn’t seem to hang with anything I tried, but I didn’t try many corner cases yet.

One strange thing was that even though I set up Fly for Imperial units it showed metric units of M/sec when I tried to change the global speed. I suppose that this is OK, but it seems this should be consistent with the other Fly settings.

Somebody mentioned that this might be a way to make a smooth zoom transition from one waypoint to another. Perhaps I did this wrong, but it would be nice to know how. No doubt this could only work for digital zoom. Perhaps this effect is still better done in post.

Here is a simple video I captured today

How do you create waypoints? with the Mavic 3 (standard or cine)? I have both of those with an RC Pro controller. I recently started doing photogrammetry and would kill to have the option to fly waypoints rather than manually fly a grid! I thought waypoints were a feature for the RTK / enterprise version?
Grab the latest firmware mate. It’s new in latest

Yep, I have the same issue. I went to map view, Clicked the "I" button to the far right, and then uncheck "altitude zone". It worked for a little bit and then went gray again. Still waiting on a solid fix.

I didn’t experience this issue. When using it I only used the standard map view and not the satellite view, but it never went gray.

I flew this for the first time today using both my iPhone and my TriplTek Android tablet and it mostly worked the way I had hoped. It didn’t seem to hang with anything I tried, but I didn’t try many corner cases yet.

One strange thing was that even though I set up Fly for Imperial units it showed metric units of M/sec when I tried to change the global speed. I suppose that this is OK, but it seems this should be consistent with the other Fly settings.

Somebody mentioned that this might be a way to make a smooth zoom transition from one waypoint to another. Perhaps I did this wrong, but it would be nice to know how. No doubt this could only work for digital zoom. Perhaps this effect is still better done in post.

Here is a simple video I captured today

The waypoints are god's given for this type of work. And many other...It is a great addition to this drone.

Haven’t had a chance to do a WP mission yet (weather in Chicago…).
When remotely setting up a Waypoints mission, does the app indicate about your camera angle of view as you’re putting your way points down?
In other words, is there anything to indicate how much the camera will see from that point as you move around or rotate? That would be helpful in determining if you’re too close or too far from your subject at a given point.

Yes you set the waypoint and the eye point separately. I find it very fiddly on the RC Pro, its very easy to inadvertently change an altitude or other settings, you need to verify carefully before launch and keep one finger on the Pause button. IMO the screen is too small, I used Autopilot o an Inspire 1 Pro with my iPad and it was very much simpler.

Reactions: jephoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll