DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Atti mode happened.

Last night while out in the desert my Mavic 3 suddenly went into a Atti mode. It was a pretty scary experience. The first thing I noticed was I couldn’t get the drone to stay in one spot for a photo, it kept drifting. Thought that was weird. A few seconds later I noticed few more alarming behaviors, my GPS map was blank, completely disengaged…only Elevation was showing, no distance, and that’s when I noticed the red banner across the top of the Fly app saying “Atti mode fly with caution”

It was a pretty stress filled journey back without my GPS that included a Force land.

So what the heck was that? I’ve researched and there’s nothing out there I could locate showing the M3 can do Atti mode.

I have no idea what happened and I’m concerned it could happen again.

Thoughts?
I am a drone instructor for a company in Western NY, we train Middle & High school teachers, plus at the University level our courseware and they then pass this knowlege on to their students.

One of the cornerstones of our hands on training, is we teach them to fly in a Non-GPS environment. They are in full control of the drones. It provides them with a necessary skill set if they ever end up in your situation. They know what to expect when it happens and how to fly in that situation.

Also, sometime it is desired for cinemagraphic flights, i.e. smooth stops and turns without the GPS type jarring stops. It is a good skill set to have.

Reactions: kanesimages
I am a drone instructor for a company in Western NY, we train Middle & High school teachers, plus at the University level our courseware and they then pass this knowlege on to their students.

One of the cornerstones of our hands on training, is we teach them to fly in a Non-GPS environment. They are in full control of the drones. It provides them with a necessary skill set if they ever end up in your situation. They know what to expect when it happens and how to fly in that situation.

Also, sometime it is desired for cinemagraphic flights, i.e. smooth stops and turns without the GPS type jarring stops. It is a good skill set to have.
How do you create a nonGPS environment? Do you use Dronehack? Or, do you use a drone with an ATTI switch?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair