DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 batteries out of the box

koreandude79

Reactions
Hi, I just recently purchased a fly more kit for the Mavic 3. I dont have a Mavic 3 drone yet but I noticed that the batteries that came with the kit did not have a charge. Is this normal for the batteries not to be charged at all?

I could be misremembering but I seem to recall that for safety reasons the batteries get shipped in a sleep/hibernation mode and need to be plugged into the drone to activate. I'd expect the batteries to be about half charged as that is best for the cells.

...and need to be plugged into the drone to activate
Nope...
They have a SOC on approx 50% but the BMS chip is still not activated... the battery is in a "hibernation" state, they are woken up by charging them.

Nope...
They have a SOC on approx 50% but the BMS chip is still not activated... the battery is in a "hibernation" state, they are woken up by charging them.

Is that not exactly what I just said? Plug it in to activate. What are you disagreeing with?

Is that not exactly what I just said? Plug it in to activate. What are you disagreeing with?
Just plugging a battery into the drone will not take the battery out of hibernation... to wake it up the battery should be charged. The underlining & bold was meant as a reply to what you wrote... the rest was correct.

If I remember correctly, you have to use the single cable with the shipped charger, they will not charge and come out of hibernation using one of the third party or quick chargers.

If I remember correctly, you have to use the single cable with the shipped charger, they will not charge and come out of hibernation using one of the third party or quick chargers.
That's not the case with the Mavic 3 Pro at least.

I never use the official charger and the batteries on my Mavic 3 Pro have been on a third party charger since their 1st charge.
Hbf8a1587708646028664667163ad9459h.jpg

This thing charges the 3 batteries from the FMC at the same time along with the controller and phone.
Because I don't use the RC Controller that came with the drone.

That's not the case with the Mavic 3 Pro at least.

I never use the official charger and the batteries on my Mavic 3 Pro have been on a third party charger since their 1st charge.
View attachment 165458

This thing charges the 3 batteries from the FMC at the same time along with the controller and phone.
Because I don't use the RC Controller that came with the drone.

The first person who sells the DC to Mavic 3 battery adapter by itself can gladly have my money!

No need to buy a new charger when all we need is an adapter. :(Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 9.35.35 PM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1