DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 body stress cracks .

Yotengri

Reactions
Hi guys, today I found a body crack on Mavic 3. It is located close to both front legs. I read that there would be stress cracks. Has anyone else suffered? What should I do? Thanks.2E5ADB6F-17F0-4DE4-A347-0C28AEAE3474.jpeg

Attachments

• B8A3452F-912C-458F-B3DB-3FD22B6FA45B.jpeg
    B8A3452F-912C-458F-B3DB-3FD22B6FA45B.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 68
  • C93AAD40-26D5-4961-8965-9D36110571CA.jpeg
    C93AAD40-26D5-4961-8965-9D36110571CA.jpeg
    641.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2E02F42C-909A-434B-8BD0-DEA83A58895B.jpeg
    2E02F42C-909A-434B-8BD0-DEA83A58895B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
When was it purchased, open a case with DJI asap, depending on whether it was a heavy forced landing etc, they should replace it under warranty

Can I ask do you store your M3 folded up or legs out? With my Mini I store/transport always open in a case but that would mean a huge case for the M3. I have often wondered if the constant opening and closing of the arms could cause issues.

The other thing was do you hold your M3 off the ground holding the body when inserting or removing batteries as if on a surface when doing that could extra stress be placed on the legs? I mean it shouldn't but if it does DJI should have a warning in the manual "Never insert battery when M3 sitting on a surface with arms extended always hold body in air when inserting/removing"

It's hard to imagine just flying would cause the cracks?

Good luck in getting sorted.

Thanks for the answers ! That's what I did. I sent the drone to the Dji service. Let's see what they decide.

The positioning of the crack makes me think that screw right above it was over torqued. 🤔

That is so incredible I’ve had my Mavic two pro since release and I’m already going through a new set of batteries but no stress cracks and I will mention I do not fold my legs every flight I keep it in a case and let the legs stay extended reason being is for that I know after time either the wires get frayed or the plastic like yours if it were me since it cost so much money and it’s so new I would want to send it back but dealing with Dji is a nightmare, i’ll make this brief I’ve got a phantom four pro brand new out of the box 4 years ago and I have replaced four shells because of stress cracks all over the legs never crash before I don’t fly in sport mode a baby mine vestments I got so tired of replacing the shells I started using gorilla Apoxsee glue, The clear kind, i’ve been flying the phantom for over two years with the glue and it’s actually stronger than the plastic but I did have another crack recently and I just glued over it the only thing is it’s not very pretty looking and being a new light is drawn that glue is not gonna look real great if you don’t wanna mess with Dji it’s something to think about I just can’t believe that is happening I have lost all respect with Dji from this latest drone unless you got the big bucks and you get the M 30 I guess all the consumers are just gonna have to deal with it I’ve even got the first Mavic 1 pro And it’s flawless same thing though I keep it in a hard case and I do not fold the legs up good luck with that

if this becomes a recognized issue across the board, there migh be something in having the foldable extended legs that clip to the body

It's hard to imagine just flying would cause the cracks?
The cracks appeared after the last flight. They weren't there before. Those in the service noticed another very small one.

Attachments

• 001EB80A-A484-4977-8A24-005CFCA68710.jpeg
    001EB80A-A484-4977-8A24-005CFCA68710.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
Hi guys, my drone was sent by the company from where I bought it to the authorized DJI service in Germany and from there they replaced it with a new one. I received it for two days, I tested it and it works fine. It looks more solid and heavier and is the model with the sponge that blocks the gimbal. (The old one squeaked from all her wrists as we held her hand.) Also, the little room upstairs looks like it has a magnifying glass. The old one was like the bottom lens. I wanted to tell you everything I've done so far and thank you for your support!

Hi guys, my drone was sent by the company from where I bought it to the authorized DJI service in Germany and from there they replaced it with a new one. I received it for two days, I tested it and it works fine. It looks more solid and heavier and is the model with the sponge that blocks the gimbal. (The old one squeaked from all her wrists as we held her hand.) Also, the little room upstairs looks like it has a magnifying glass. The old one was like the bottom lens. I wanted to tell you everything I've done so far and thank you for your support!
This is great news! Congratulations!
What's the date of manufacture on the box?

I was not told why the cracks appeared, they just said that the product was replaced with a new one.

I can't find out the date of manufacture because the program no longer works. Dji must be asked. I had the instructions on how to find out the date of manufacture from the SN series but I lost them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan