DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 C1 Active Track 50m limit

skywalker93

Reactions
Looking to get a Mavic 3. With the new firmware and C1 compliance, it seems like the Mavic 3 is getting the same 50m active track limit as the Mavic 3 Classic. Is this a hard locked feature, or can it be toggled off here in the US or in areas where C1 compliance isn't required?

Why is there a "within 50m" limit to the Active Track feature? I can understand the logic behind being further away from people, but now all of a sudden a feature is forcing us to get closer? Can anyone explain the rationale behind this so-called C1 compliance?

Why are non-EU countries affected by the same restriction?

Why is there a "within 50m" limit to the Active Track feature? I can understand the logic behind being further away from people, but now all of a sudden a feature is forcing us to get closer? Can anyone explain the rationale behind this so-called C1 compliance?

Not sure that they are affected by the same restriction, but would like to know.

The other European C1 compliance changes like removing control over the Auxiliary Light Auto functionality and the front lights always now being on are region specific, and not part of the U.S. FW changes. We got mandatory premature RID broadcasting instead!

So, not having yet updated myself, I can only speculate that the "within 50m" limit on Active Track may also only be part of the update in Europe, but not in the U.S. where it isn't a requirement. DJI managed to segregate the other changes based upon location.

So, can anybody in the U.S., who has already updated, confirm that Active Track is, in fact, also now limited to "within 50m," or is it still the same as before, without that restriction?

Not sure that they are affected by the same restriction, but would like to know.

Some are affected which is why I've raised the question, maybe not the USA, but the UK is affected and is not an EU country.

I have full control of my auxiliary lights thankfully.

So, can anybody in the U.S., who has already updated, confirm that Active Track is, in fact, also now limited to "within 50m," or is it still the same as before, without that restriction?

Some are affected which is why I've raised the question, maybe not the USA, but the UK is affected and is not an EU country.

I have full control of my auxiliary lights thankfully.
That sounds more like a political distinction that the Chinese may not yet have accepted. However, if you have full control of your auxiliary lights, perhaps the 50m limit is now international! Hopefully, not!

Bump.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO