DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine hot front motors HOT

mraka

Reactions
Hi!

Is anybody else experiencing very hot front motors just after flight on Mavic 3 Cine?

I mean HOT, i can hold my finger for 3-4 seceonds on a motor and have to let go.

I did find this in DJI M3 Manual: "DO NOT touch or let your hands or body come in contact with the motors after flight as they may be
hot"

Still i am a little bit worried becouse it is kinda strange that they get so hot.
Rear motor are normal tho...

Temp gun will help determine the severity of this kind of issue,
Check the temperature reading front to back and find how much variation there is.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Temp gun will help determine the severity of this kind of issue,
Check the temperature reading front to back and find how much variation there is.
I can tell you by toutch of the hand that there is significant difference in temps between front and rear motors.
rear seem really cool, like normal temp little hotter than ambient temp IDK...

If someone can, please check yours right after flight. I am currently flying at around 30C, it is very hot outside, but stil...

With temp numbers, you could send that information to DJI and ask for their blessing.

Reactions: mraka
These motors do get hot on all the drones 130 degree on up which can seem hot to the touch but there designed for up 400/600 degrees if not more being that there Aluminum Brush Less Motors ,

They Should not be an issue to the drone . The bottom of the drone can also seem hot to the touch.

Since the Wet Suits have the Surge Mask on the bottom of the unit to protect the sensors I dont feel the heat when picking it up even after a few runs out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
I agree with @Starz putting a temp gun on the motors will tell the story a little better. Everyone's' threshold for things like heat is different. Some folks would find 135F discomforting or painful while others can take 150F with no problem. Also keep in mind that motors after a flight get considerably hotter after they have stopped as opposed to flight.

I did a test on my drones (no M3) and found that operationally, temps ran in the mid 130's or so but after stopping the heat would climb into the 150 range. For reference, a black car hood in bright sunlight can run up to 165 or more depending on ambient temps.

In the mean time, when you spin the props by hand can you feel a difference front to rear?

Reactions: bcfd29
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom