DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 cine RC pro poor transmission perfomance

Would it make sense to use DJI Assistant 2 to download the flight log .DAT files from the aircraft frequently? If you are having these issues, and you end up with a fly-away, they may provide DJI with evidence of the ongoing issues that will not show up in the controller logs.
I'm 100% agree with you. So far I'm not worried of losing my drone, I totally lost connection only in non-critical conditions and the RTH worked well as you mentioned.

The real issue for me right now is that I need to work in short range only and it become harder to get my money shot or work with people. It's super frustrating because I loose my momentum in a shot due to the freeze of my video feed or lost signal.

I just got an RC Pro with another Air2s flymore combo. I purchased it for the sole reason to get an RC Pro for a reasonable price. My experience is very positive. Video transmission is clearly more smooth and complete. Connectivity is maintained where the standard SC failed. This may be where Ocusinc 3 is better than 2. One most important thing I noticed is that it manages switching frequency bands MUCH better and quicker. My last flight was 2.5 miles out and I still had 4 bars which did not change until I decided to go behind a mountain.

My question here is: The Air2s uses Ocusinc 3 and the M3 uses Ocusinc 3+. Does the "+" simply refer to the higher transmitter power?

Hi,
Just wanted to follow-up on my issue concerning poor transmission with my M3C and RC pro controller.
After many days of shoots I can only confirm unstable signal transmission between aircraft and RC pro. This result in video feed lag/freeze and disconnect. I also noticed some input lag sometimes. Please note that I made sure I was always far away from city areas and any possible sources of interference for my tests, as well as having 13/15 satellites. If I use my many hours of flight with phantom 4 and Mavic 2 pro as comparison, the M3C and RC pro I currently have gives me extremely poor performance, way under the M2P + iPad.

What is really odd, during 99% of my flights I don't have the frequency band selection option in the transmission menu despite flying in a country where those frequencies are available (confirmed by DJI support). BUT during 2 flights in 2 different locations, frequency band selection option appeared in the menu, as well as a really instable signal monitoring :

On DJI support side, it's a total fail. The first agent I spoke to asked me to do basic FW refresh and reset, which as been done previously many times. He then told me I would be contacted by a senior support agent. I never been contacted. I then reach them a second time 3 weeks later, different agent, same basic support and same redirection toward a senior support agent. Still waiting for news from them, it's been a month now that I contacted them...

I continue my shoots but I regret not having my M2P with me a backup because I would definitely switch. I'll send the M3C to warranty as soon as I'll be back home in a month.

Cheers.

Hi,
Just wanted to share my experience and get thoughts from other users.
I'm using my M3 cine with the RC controller since release.
I did many tests as well as professional shootings.

Expect from the many missing features compared to the M2/Dji Go, my big disapointement is the transmission performance.
I constantly notice I have less range of image/control transmission with the M3C/RC-pro than my M2P/Mavic Controller + iPad.

So many times I have been disconnected from the aircraft or got a poor video feed when in the same situation my M2Pro/Ipad was working perfectly.
I had some low transmission issues during simple and easy flight, short disance, no obstacle.

I hope fw update will improve this, because on paper the RC pro + new OccuSync should give me way better performance.

Let me know your experience.
Cheers.
I have the M3 standard purchased the RC pro on the side, have you tried using 5.8ghz instead of Auto dual in transmission settings?I notice in auto dual or 2.4ghs only my transmission is very poor.

I have the M3 standard purchased the RC pro on the side, have you tried using 5.8ghz instead of Auto dual in transmission settings?I notice in auto dual or 2.4ghs only my transmission is very poor.
Hi,
As mentioned in my previous posts, 90% of the time I simply don't have the option of frequency band selection available. The menu doesn't show in my DJI fly app -> transmission tab.

It's particularly odd because I'm currently in a country allowing both bands (confirmed by DJI), and, during 10% of my flights, the option to select 2.4 or 5.8ghz will suddenly appears.

Obviously everything is updated and has been refreshed.
My guess is an error un my location when I connect to the satellites, in my understanding, this option will show up in the app based on your location.

I'm currently in Réunion Island, French Island in Indian Ocean.

cheers

Hi,
As mentioned in my previous posts, 90% of the time I simply don't have the option of frequency band selection available. The menu doesn't show in my DJI fly app -> transmission tab.

It's particularly odd because I'm currently in a country allowing both bands (confirmed by DJI), and, during 10% of my flights, the option to select 2.4 or 5.8ghz will suddenly appears.

Obviously everything is updated and has been refreshed.
My guess is an error un my location when I connect to the satellites, in my understanding, this option will show up in the app based on your location.

I'm currently in Réunion Island, French Island in Indian Ocean.

cheers
Have you tried to change your region in the smart controller settings?

I added the rc pro onto the standard kit and have the same issues. The rc pro disconnects at unusual times normally when the drone is in close range. The stock controller never disconnected, the rc pro is being returned. I love the screen and the extra custom buttons but the rc pro is forcing me to re shoot jobs. I'll try the rc pro again in the future if they can fix this with firmware updates.

I added the rc pro onto the standard kit and have the same issues. The rc pro disconnects at unusual times normally when the drone is in close range. The stock controller never disconnected, the rc pro is being returned. I love the screen and the extra custom buttons but the rc pro is forcing me to re shoot jobs. I'll try the rc pro again in the future if they can fix this with firmware updates.
Did you think about sending your rc pro in for a replacement?

Didn't make sense to send it for a replacement when it's a wide spread well known issue.

Didn't make sense to send it for a replacement when it's a wide spread well known issue.
A lot of people are saying they're not getting disconnects, I too suffer the same problem and was hoping there is a fix or replacement possible.

I'll personally send back the RC pro and Aircraft as soon as I get back home (shooting outside my country actually).
DJI customer service has been totally useless and incapable. They have absolutely no technical knowledge of the product. Providing them precise and technical information about my issues were always answered by "reset the firmware" which has been part of my troubleshooting process/tests anyway.

To conclude, as I continued to fly despite the issues, I was able to observe another really problematic behaviour between the RC pro and Aircraft :
- Flying in perfect condition, absolutely no possible source of interference nor human activities miles around.
- Aircraft in direct line of sight, 600m away or under.
- RC pro transmission signal at maximum, perfect reception.
- Suddenly out of nowhere the RC pro transmission signal fall to 0 and disconnect.
- RTH is activated.

So sometimes, when I fly in easy situation with perfect transmission, the signal is lost suddenly and RTH is activated. In a few occurence the signal went back almost instantly so no RTH activation, but most of the time the delay is too long. I screw many shots and Timelapse like this.

Normally the RC pro transmission would a least indicate a degradation of my signal. There is no way I can go from 100% to 0% reception with the aircraft in front of me at low speed and short range...

Reactions: Howard70
Hi,
For general information and conclusion to the thread.
I finally sent back the drone and RC pro to DJI as soon as I went back home. They found out I had a GPS board malfunction explaining the radio signal issue. I'm not sure if the board is in the RC pro or Aircraft, it hasn't been specified yet. Will hopefully be able to get back my gear in proper working condition soon for testing.

How do I know if my drone has bad GPS board?

Hi,
Just wanted to share my experience and get thoughts from other users.
I'm using my M3 cine with the RC controller since release.
I did many tests as well as professional shootings.

Expect from the many missing features compared to the M2/Dji Go, my big disapointement is the transmission performance.
I constantly notice I have less range of image/control transmission with the M3C/RC-pro than my M2P/Mavic Controller + iPad.

So many times I have been disconnected from the aircraft or got a poor video feed when in the same situation my M2Pro/Ipad was working perfectly.
I had some low transmission issues during simple and easy flight, short disance, no obstacle.

I hope fw update will improve this, because on paper the RC pro + new OccuSync should give me way better performance.

Let me know your experience.
Cheers.
Dji fly app is horrendous, nothing like the DJI go 4 application.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica