DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine without the pro controller?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Hey guys, I have my heart set on a Mavic 3 (not the classic, because I think I can justify the tele lens). And I could probably get away with the non-cine version, but... I would LOVE if I had pro-res. I don't care about the fancy controller, and I know it's a necessary evil, but I'd rather NOT have the internal SD actually.

So I'm just kind of wondering if anyone thinks DJI could / would release something like...

- Mavic 3 Cine with a regular controller (or the cheaper smart controller included).
- Ideally, it doesn't have the internal SD, but instead just accepts faster cards capable of recording pro-Res.

I get that DJI love selling their massive markup bundles, but if they sell that drone for a fair price (Mavic 3 + Smart Controller + ProRes Licence fees + a little extra for awesomeness, MINUS the cost of their super controller and an internal SD), I'm heading straight to the store to get one.

(Really want to wish this into existence, mostly because I kind of need the drone ASAP but don't want to buy a new phone/iPad until the next versions come out in September or so).

Reactions: Torque and philztoy
The speed of the onboard SSD is required for ProRes recording. Also, the included RC Pro is required for using any digital zoom with simultaneous gimbal elevation on any cinematic video moves. You can't use an iPad with the Cine version for video without crippling the entire set up. The $100 RC-N1 was designed for the Air 2, not the $5,000 Mavic 3 Cine version.

Reactions: anotherlab
A little clarification on price. The price of the cine drone alone is around $2800 - 3000. The $5000 accounts for the RC Pro, 2 additional batteries, ND filters, charging hub, and the 65w charger. When my first cine was replaced DJI sent me the cost of the drone alone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
A little clarification on price. The price of the cine drone alone is around $2800 - 3000. The $5000 accounts for the RC Pro, 2 additional batteries, ND filters, charging hub, and the 65w charger. When my first cine was replaced DJI sent me the cost of the drone alone.
$3699 AUD, when utilising express within refresh program.

Compared to Inspire, Mavic 3 does not offer options once built. This I believe DJI needs to redress with all Mavic 3 even Enterprise, but then as consumers still purchasing. So, DJI unless product KPI’s seriously negative still have market which tweak, then revisit. Us the consumer need query necessity?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka