DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine

rinconmike

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi. I am looking at getting the Mavic 3 Cine. I previously used a Go Pro Karma. This will be my first DJI. I plan on using it to video construction sites and shopping centers. I prefer the Pro Controller so I do not have to use my phone. Along with the video created, I will want to create high quality images I can markup. That is how I used the Go Pro.

Outside the cost, is there any downside to get the Cine Model? Can I choose what recording quality to use?

thanks

Last edited:
The only real downside is that not all the software on the drone is ready, 60% of what it can do will not be released until sometime in January. I would suggest you went with the Air 2S as the Mavic 3 Cine Model might be $4000 more then you need to spend. The Air 2S is a fantastic drone and a big upgrade over the Karma . If you really need the extra flight time than consider the Mavic 3 but that Air 2S is hard to beat.

We dedicated an entire website to the Air 2S , both video and pictures
as we fly in the Rain and capture the Storm.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will look at the Air 2S, but think I want the Mavic 3 with the new pro controller. With the cine, is recording in ProRes a setting so I would still be able to use other recoding formats same as the non cine? From what I read the answer is yes, but I wanted to confirm.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will look at the Air 2S, but think I want the Mavic 3 with the new pro controller. With the cine, is recording in ProRes as setting you I would still be able to use other recoding formats? From what I read the answer is yes, but I wanted to confirm.
Yes , they do offer the ProRes for apple on the cine only.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will look at the Air 2S, but think I want the Mavic 3 with the new pro controller. With the cine, is recording in ProRes a setting so I would still be able to use other recoding formats same as the non cine? From what I read the answer is yes, but I wanted to confirm.
I did see in a review that you can choose which format so you do not have to use the higher ones that may not be compatible with other gear.

There’s downside to the Cine version but you’d save some money by getting the regular version and buying the RC Pro separately as you absolutely don’t need ProRes recording for what you are doing.

I have an Air 2S with a TriplTek 8 Pro tablet. Life could not be better!!!

ProRes has a big advantage for users with older underpowered computers. It is an editing CODEC designed to work well during editing, especially on less beefy PCs. H.264, and H.265 are much harder to play back, and lead to all kinds of playback problems on computers without good graphics cards or dedicated decoders.

The cost is hugely increased file size.

Reactions: slozukimc
Interesting discussions about the 3 on this thread and others. I had a Cine 3 on order - was to ship next week. After reading all the comments I decided to cancel it and wait to see the results of the promised updates. My Mavic Pro Platinum flies so well, I can wait. Thank you all for the “3” feedback.

I ordered the cine. Was to ship 12/6 but got the email it shipped today. This is my first DJI. I am ok with all the features not available yet. However, my concern reading some of the posts is locking up or not coming back. I hated flying the Go Pro since every flight I thought it would be my last. I finally just stopped using it.

I ordered the cine. Was to ship 12/6 but got the email it shipped today. This is my first DJI. I am ok with all the features not available yet. However, my concern reading some of the posts is locking up or not coming back. I hated flying the Go Pro since every flight I thought it would be my last. I finally just stopped using it.
I am sure you will love the Cine 3. But, since I have a Mavic already, I have the benefit of being able to wait a little longer. Overall, they make a great drone and you are going to enjoy it!

I have had 10-15 DJI drones from the Phantom3 to the current M3C and never once had a flyaway. I have had a controller screen die on me (CrystalSky UB) but that’s it. The one and only time I actually used RTH in an emergancy, I lost visual with my Inspire while I fiddled with the controller!

Essentially, just make sure you get a good GPS lock on the drone and make sure the home point is correct ‘before’ take off and you won’t have any issues.

I have had none of the reported issues with the M3 and the new Firmware installed with no drama so don’t worry, if it works out of the box you should be good! Do a short test flight close by to check everything is as it should be, if you are doing inspections with it you may want to change obstacle avoidance to ‘brake’ rather than ‘bypass’ as it makes the M3 easier to control.

Almost all flyaways are avoidable!

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000