DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classic is slower writing Raw file speed than other Mavic 3 types?

yalcins

Reactions
Hello, I am new in this forum. I have been using Mavic 3 classic for 6 months and when I went to photo trip with friends I realized that my writing speed of RAW files are very slow than Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Air which friends have. They are taking 7 Raw photos in less than 1 second but mine is taking 7 Raw photos in 3-4 seconds. I tried with 128 GB Lexar 1066x V30 xci A2 and SanDisx Extreme PRO 64 GB V30 xci A1. Is it normal ?

Probably the SD card, I doubt DJI manufactures another image processor/buffer size for the Classic specially when the video specs are the same.

DNGs aren't properly losslessly compressed by the drone (you need to update the DNGs later on Lightroom similar software), so they weight 41,1MB each, 7 would be 287,7 MB to transfer to the SD card.

I realized that my writing speed of RAW files are very slow than Mavic 3 Pro ... They are taking 7 Raw photos in less than 1 second but mine is taking 7 Raw photos in 3-4 seconds. I tried with 128 GB Lexar 1066x V30 xci A2 and SanDisx Extreme PRO 64 GB V30 xci A1. Is it normal ?
Check your times again and check which camera is being used on the Mavic 3 pro.
Also check the aspect ratio .. are both cameras recording 4:3 ?
Are they recording the same formats? ... Raw or Raw+Jpg ?

I just checked with a Mavic 3 pro and it records 7 images (Raw + 4:3) in 5.4 sec
Or in 16:9 it takes 4.9 sec.

There's no point comparing the Air 3 as it's using a different sensor and recording different file sizes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotpayalkapoor