DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Enterprise Dual. Anytime soon?

VernS

Reactions
Looking to pull the trigger and purchase the M2ED but was wondering if anyone knows if a new version is forthcoming anytime soon and I should wait a bit.

Looking to pull the trigger and purchase the M2ED but was wondering if anyone knows if a new version is forthcoming anytime soon and I should wait a bit.

Perhaps the biggest problem of the Enterprise was to be Jack of all trades, maybe to test the waters of search and rescue.

You Might consider getting focused on what you want from the Enterprise and focus on that .

If your looking for the thermal camera : There is a company in Denmark that has a fantastic Clip on set up for the Mavic 2, something we just learned about.
the Mavic 2 Thermal Gimbal Unit

If you want the Spot Light feature there is a company that makes an explosive spot light set up with laser and a separate battery pack and remote hook setup.

With that said I dont think were going to see a Mavic 3 Enterprise .

Most of our clients have modified there drone to a desired focus :
Example below:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in extreme weather conditions and float on water .

image1.jpg

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
From my reading in the commercial pilots forum the enterprise duel is pretty much useless.
The camera resolution is too low for other than emergency search and rescue.
I doubt they’ll do the next version.
Thank goodness I didn’t buy one.
All told it will cost about $4000-5000 to get in to thermography. You need to get certified that’s about two grand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Skydio X2e ? By Christmas $$$$$$. 100M in funding, must be nice. But it’s waterproof! LOL

Thank you for the response. I will certainly look into these other options.
From my reading in the commercial pilots forum the enterprise duel is pretty much useless.
The camera resolution is too low for other than emergency search and rescue.
I doubt they’ll do the next version.
Thank goodness I didn’t buy one.
All told it will cost about $4000-5000 to get in to thermography. You need to get certified that’s about two grand.

Good call:

This company out of Denmark has a very interesting setup for the Thermal cam ,
We like it as it will work with the Wet Suit and its water resistant and a clip on for easy application something we our a huge fan of.

It was interesting to note that they used the same balance on the Thermal Cam as we came up with for the Rescue Jackets we engineered to float and fly the Mavics ,
.Very cool

Your spot on about the price $3800 starting out .

Good call:

This company out of Denmark has a very interesting setup for the Thermal cam ,
We like it as it will work with the Wet Suit and its water resistant and a clip on for easy application something we our a huge fan of.

It was interesting to note that they used the same balance on the Thermal Cam as we came up with for the Rescue Jackets we engineered to float and fly the Mavics ,
.Very cool

Your spot on about the price $3800 starting out .

Certainly looks interesting. Thank you everyone of the responses. The issue I am having in making a decision is budget. About $3500. My goal is to get started with a Thermal drone setup basically for self training and gaining experience. Next would be getting certified for Thermography Level 1 and then start upgrading the M2ED. I like the idea of getting clip on extensions such as the Thermal Gimbal from DRONExpert as well as the NDVI solution they have, another area I am interested in. I mainly do Mapping and Structure Reconstruction using various Photogrammetry tools and create immersive Virtual Reality experiences. Just want to start expanding into Public Safety, Search And Rescue as well as Thermal Inspection.

Any thoughts on this direction?

Perhaps the biggest problem of the Enterprise was to be Jack of all trades, maybe to test the waters of search and rescue.

You Might consider getting focused on what you want from the Enterprise and focus on that .

If your looking for the thermal camera : There is a company in Denmark that has a fantastic Clip on set up for the Mavic 2, something we just learned about.
the Mavic 2 Thermal Gimbal Unit

If you want the Spot Light feature there is a company that makes an explosive spot light set up with laser and a separate battery pack and remote hook setup.

With that said I dont think were going to see a Mavic 3 Enterprise .

Most of our clients have modified there drone to a desired focus :
Example below:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in extreme weather conditions and float on water .

View attachment 111890
Nice setup. Guessing flight time is reduced dramatically with all this hardware on ?

Certainly looks interesting. Thank you everyone of the responses. The issue I am having in making a decision is budget. About $3500. My goal is to get started with a Thermal drone setup basically for self training and gaining experience. Next would be getting certified for Thermography Level 1 and then start upgrading the M2ED. I like the idea of getting clip on extensions such as the Thermal Gimbal from DRONExpert as well as the NDVI solution they have, another area I am interested in. I mainly do Mapping and Structure Reconstruction using various Photogrammetry tools and create immersive Virtual Reality experiences. Just want to start expanding into Public Safety, Search And Rescue as well as Thermal Inspection.

Any thoughts on this direction?
I asked for a quote for their setup and they post 3800 but that’s not US dollars. All done it came out to $9800. For that an evo can meet the challenge. Plus being able to swap out cameras. Js.

I asked for a quote for their setup and they post 3800 but that’s not US dollars. All done it came out to $9800. For that an evo can meet the challenge. Plus being able to swap out cameras. Js.
I recommend the Evo. That certainly were all be all for me after DJI’s quality problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. Forgot to mention you have to send your bird to the Netherlands , with this Covid hampering shipping, you may get your bird back on 2 months. ?

I recommend the Evo. That certainly were all be all for me after DJI’s quality problems

Lets talk about the EVO 2 Pro as we just finished making the Wet Suit for it and testing it out Phantom Rain Style:

Some Issues:
Constant Gimbal Calibration - Frustrating
Horizontal line never present : Frustrating have to do lots of editing for the fix.
Also some connection problems, Unacceptable.
Does not easily reconnect while in the sky.

Because the build quality is really strong and some clients have both DJI and EVO ,we made the Wet Suit but the Firmware Problems are holding it back

The Last update I got I had to reverse: Best bet is to get the Mavic 2 Pro and Isolate your needs .

Screenshot 08-23-2020 19.51.57.jpg

There we have it folks. DJI dominant again !! I’ll be purchasing my MP2. Have it this week and download the drone deploy for mapping. Get my ROI immediately with work from drone up.

There we have it folks. DJI dominant again !! I’ll be purchasing my MP2. Have it this week and download the drone deploy for mapping. Get my ROI immediately with work from drone up.

As one of my clients said Autel made a gallant effort but they are not there yet , there struggling with problems that DJI had years ago.

Not sure about that, I am renting one out and if what you say is true , the quote is all wrong.
I will get back to you on this on monday as i have a phone call with them .

Reactions: Carb63
It seems that it is no longer just a rumor ...
I have found other threads .. but closed to this news ...

It seems that it is no longer just a rumor ...
I have found other threads .. but closed to this news ...
I’ll wait for the announcement from DJI.

Reactions: nafisgal
OP, don't waste your time with the Mavic ED if SAR is your primary goal. The sensor resolution is just way too low. We have one for our Office of Emergency Management and for SAR it has not met our needs.

1. Finding people in the ocean is impossible at any height over 100'. Using the Temp Alert helps but the Flir Lepton 160 sensor really struggles
2. When looking for a shooting suspect on a summer day, we passed over him several times using the thermal and could not recognize him. (It was a marsh area and water has a similar emissivity to a human and since it was about the same temperature on a hot summer day it made it hard to spot the person)

For fires it works great. Fires being large with a large temperature difference, are easy to spot once past the incipient stage when smoke is showing on the exterior of the building.
We also use ours to help out other city agencies with moisture scanning in low slope roofs (Of certain construction). On a fire station with a roof that needs to be replaced it worked so well, we have requests to do other city buildings now. We used the Mavic ED to scout the roof and for proof of concept, I then used my personal Parrot Anafi Thermal to do a thorough inspection so I could use Flir Tools to make the final report.

We also have used it to make ortho maps for Incident Action Plans and also for our beaches that suffer from storm erosion. It may only be 12MP images, but the Pilot Software makes mapping easy and the 12MP images are very sharp and in focus.

If you must get a cheap thermal drone to train on, the Parrot Anafi Thermal is only $1900 and has a better implementation of the Lepton core thermal imager. While both the Mavic 2 ED and the Anafi share a 160 Lepton core, Parrot's is fully radiometric and will let you adjust the emissivity and background reflectance(Wish they had more settings to adjust such as wind, temperature and humidity). I am not sure if the Mavic ED uses the less capable version (Lepton 3.0) or if DJI has just neutered the Lepton 3.5 core so as to not start to step on the feet of the XT or XT2.

Reactions: nafisgal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21