DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 enterprise versions

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
today i watched Heli Guys ,launch promotion of the new Mavic 3 enterprise models for the UK, there are two versions, one without thermal imaging and one with ,they come with various compatible accessories including RTK module ,enterprise version is priced at £3,080 inc VAT and the Mavic 3 thermal version at £4,839 inc VAT

I like the looks of this unit. If I remember correctly, it has a 4/3-inch sensor for 20 mp images

There are videos appearing on YT from a few of the usual drone channels covering the details and options of these drones. Generally the target audience of these drones are various professionals that would require the accuracy and thermal options these drones provide.

Reactions: SeaPig
interesting that the non-thermal version has the mechanical shutter. I think this is the first since the phantom. No mechanical shutter on the thermal version, which is too bad, IVe been thinking I would replace my M2EA with this M3 version. Now i am wondering if i should replace my Mavic 3 with the Mavic 3 Enterprise? with that mechanical shutter i could do mapping missions in no time!

Disappointed that it doesn’t shoot RAW images

Interesting!!! I had not caught that limitation.
Thanks for calling that out.
not sure thats needed on an enterprise mapping drone. And even then if it did there is potential to cannibalize regular M3 sales. I wonder (and i know its early to talk about) if you could buy the M3T and then the gimbal from the M3E, and interchange them? That to me would be a perfect situation. Otherwise its keeping my Mavic 2 Pro for mapping missions.

Wonder if they'll release an SDK for this one.

(If so, id be absolutely furious if id bought a Mavic 3 previously)

From the specifications it looks like the Mavic 3 Enterprise has just pushed the Phantom 4 RTK and Phantom 4 RTK SE out of the way as the new small platform mapping solution.

4/3 sensor with larger pixels will capture more data for photogrammetry.
Mechanical shutter up to 2000 shutter speed will ensure rapid accumulation of images and along with a higher image write speed this baby will cook when obtaining images.
RTK seems to offer one more satellite constellation.
The camera specs seem like they will enable higher flight for the equivalent GSD of the P4RTK(SE).
Around double the flight time.
And did I mention the price?

My Phantom 4 RTK will be up for sale in a few days, but the pricing on this system will cut off a few thousand from my Phantom 4 RTK sale price.

The Mavic 3 Thermal is another winner. The pricing is spot on for what you get, but I may have to pass on this one. For my needs, it is not enough of a jump from my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. And I am also waiting for the hands-on reviews for the FLIR SIRAS. But once again, the pricing on this is going to probably take a chunk out of what I would ask when I sell the M3EA for either an M30T or FLIR SIRAS.

I am very impressed with DJI's new offerings, and thankful for all of the great options that are now available from all of the various drone manufacturers.

Considering the target audience for this drone, would they really need RAW images?
Maybe, maybe not. I was interested in getting a drone that could cover all the types of work that I do. I have clients that require RAW and that puts me back to needing additional drones.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I read and watched some reviews and am now have some questions as to whether this will end up being more accurate and precise than the Phantom 4 RTK/RTK SE.

DJI themselves chose some wording that makes me question this.

In their video from DJI Enterprise, they state "more affordable and efficient" when talking about the Mavic 3 E and the Phantom 4 RTK.

I would assume that if it was also more accurate and precise, that would of been in their statement but I may be fishing.

I guess testing will soon answer this question.

ProDrones Asia has done some incredible video tests on mapping and they did a non-RTK test that looked good. I await their RTK test.

I agree about the SDK being a bummer. As others said, I guess they want you to purchase this if you want to map.

Yep - so the decision to not release for the Mavic 3 standard is as everyone suspected, deliberate.

It exists, its existed for a while, they dont want to give it.

Maybe, maybe not. I was interested in getting a drone that could cover all the types of work that I do. I have clients that require RAW and that puts me back to needing additional drones.
***UPDATE**

I read the Mavic 3 Enterprise E will be able to shoot JPG and DNG.

today i watched Heli Guys ,launch promotion of the new Mavic 3 enterprise models for the UK, there are two versions, one without thermal imaging and one with ,they come with various compatible accessories including RTK module ,enterprise version is priced at £3,080 inc VAT and the Mavic 3 thermal version at £4,839 inc VAT
I am keeping my M30T for SAR missions and other work that requires Hi-Res thermal and getting the 3E to start doing mapping work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803