DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Firmware Update Issues

JoelP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Today I update the DJI Fly app on both my iPhone and my TriplTek Pro 8 and then updated the firmware on the Mavic 3. This went well for the most part except for two issues:

1. Using the RCN1 standard controller with an Apple 10R I looked for the new cruise control under the button settings. When I went through the list, I only found Hyperlapse Cruise Control and no listing for plain vanilla Cruise Control. This was the key reason i looked to upgrade and was disappointed not to see this. Any idea why?

2. Even worse I tried to fly with my Android based TripleTek Pro 8 and was able to link but when I went to spin up the props it didn't respond at all. I tried to use the launch button on the screen instead and it was equally unresponsive. It said it was ready to fly with no error messages and yet it wouldn't even spin the props. Prior to this firmware upgrade the TriplTek Pro 8 worked just fine. I went back to the iPhone and once again it flew as expected with no issue.

Has anyone encountered either of these issues after upgrading the firmware?

New Mavic 3 User Manual from 11/2/22 also covers latest Fly app on page 55.

You need to first program the Fn button for Cruise Control.

Make sure your Tripltek is is on the same Fly version as your iPhone. Motors cannot be armed if the Fly app isn't the very latest, to make sure you are broadcasting Remote ID to everyone, on the newest Mavic 3 FW!
I went back to check the firmware and app updates and have now fixed the issues.

For the TriplTek the Fly app opened like it did yesterday and said an update was available. I clicked on this to update, but it simply opened the app and failed to start the props. I closed the app and repeated this 4x until finally it actually updated. Then I was prompted to install the app and allowed that. When it was complete the app was opened and it successfully started the props! I then went to the Fn button program options and, lo and behold, the cruise control option was now there and was successfully selected.

Then I attached the iPhone to the controller and looked at the options for the Fn button, but it still failed to show the cruise control. While the iPhone was able to start the props, I suspected the version there was also wrong. I closed the DJI Fly app and went to the App store and found DJI Fly which indicated there was an update available. I updated the iPhone DJI Fly app and then went back into DJI Fly and looked at the Fn button options and finally Cruise Control was there.

I went back to check the firmware and app updates and have now fixed the issues.

For the TriplTek the Fly app opened like it did yesterday and said an update was available. I clicked on this to update, but it simply opened the app and failed to start the props. I closed the app and repeated this 4x until finally it actually updated. Then I was prompted to install the app and allowed that. When it was complete the app was opened and it successfully started the props! I then went to the Fn button program options and, lo and behold, the cruise control option was now there and was successfully selected.

Then I attached the iPhone to the controller and looked at the options for the Fn button, but it still failed to show the cruise control. While the iPhone was able to start the props, I suspected the version there was also wrong. I closed the DJI Fly app and went to the App store and found DJI Fly which indicated there was an update available. I updated the iPhone DJI Fly app and then went back into DJI Fly and looked at the Fn button options and finally Cruise Control was there.
Yeah! Success!
Now you are also finally successfully broadcasting RID, too, for better or worse!
Can't even arm the motors under the newest FW, until a supporting Fly app is used that makes sure the RID can be broadcast. They are serious about this RID stuff!

Yeah! Success!
Now you are also finally successfully broadcasting RID, too, for better or worse!
Can't even arm the motors under the newest FW, until a supporting Fly app is used that makes sure the RID can be broadcast. They are serious about this RID stuff!
If that is the case I have to wonder why the iPhone worked to fly (without the new features) despite the lack of that update. Of course now it also has the new features.

If that is the case I have to wonder why the iPhone worked to fly (without the new features) despite the lack of that update. Of course now it also has the new features.
DJI has far more control over the Android app than the iOS version, which is why it can only be downloaded directly from them. Point being, to get the new features, you have update both the drone and the Fly app on both platforms, which starts simultaneously broadcasting Remote ID whenever you arm the motors.

Today I update the DJI Fly app on both my iPhone and my TriplTek Pro 8 and then updated the firmware on the Mavic 3. This went well for the most part except for two issues:

1. Using the RCN1 standard controller with an Apple 10R I looked for the new cruise control under the button settings. When I went through the list, I only found Hyperlapse Cruise Control and no listing for plain vanilla Cruise Control. This was the key reason i looked to upgrade and was disappointed not to see this. Any idea why?

2. Even worse I tried to fly with my Android based TripleTek Pro 8 and was able to link but when I went to spin up the props it didn't respond at all. I tried to use the launch button on the screen instead and it was equally unresponsive. It said it was ready to fly with no error messages and yet it wouldn't even spin the props. Prior to this firmware upgrade the TriplTek Pro utheby RC-PRO is ok but when trying to use my RC-N1 the link was ok

Both issues were because the Fly app on the iPhone and TriplTekPro 8 were not updated correctly despite my clicking on update. Once they were property updated both issues were resolved.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder