DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 hacks

surfbird

Reactions
Just got my mavic 3.
To bad, the sdk seems to be a little bit harder to hack than I hoped :-/

Anyway the parameters hack for atti-mode and flying close to ground seems to work as mavic 2. Much better than the mini3, where you cant do smooth yaw.
Atti-mode doesn't have any speed limit (yet?). Got just over 30m/s with some help of the wind :cool:
Now it can hover 10cm from ground without going into auto-landing, even in P-mode.
g_config.control.control_mode[0]_0=3
user_avoid_enable_0=0

The old waypoints message doesnt work, seems to be a new one. Have to figure that out.
Virtualsticks dont work.
No video feed at all.
Long way to go....

It has also been reported, that under the latest FW, the Mavic 3 parameter setting for preventing Autolanding at 10% keeps getting overwritten to 1 upon boot up, whenever set to 0, even after verifying that it was properly saved as 0, using www.Drone-Hacks.com

The string to turn off Autolanding is :
bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect [value: 0]. 1 is on, 0 is off.

Can you confirm?

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
do you know how to disable landing protection?
Can't say for sure.

Copy from my standard setup for the mavic 2.
api.drone.set_parameter("user_avoid_enable_0", 0)
api.drone.set_parameter("g_config.flying_limit.avoid_ground_and_smart_landing_enable_0", 0)
api.drone.set_parameter("bat_enable_smart_bat_landing_protect_0",0)
api.drone.set_parameter("exit_landing_ground_not_smooth_enable_0",0)
api.drone.set_parameter("g_config.landing.exit_landing_ground_not_smooth_enable_0",0)

Skip the _0 depending how you access the params.

Then when you crash for some unknown reason…….

cool you can hack it but….
These are not hacks, but the manufacturer's own parameter settings. Turning them on and off won't cause crashes, unless you don't know how to land your drone manually when you turn them off. In their default settings, they take control away from the pilot, and can cause more harm than good, for an experienced pilot who wants full control over the landing.

Ok, but this is one (1) method to access, is the methode.
I still don't understand the phrase "depending how you access..." which implies having more than one option.
There was a way to access parameters via an Older version of Dji Assistant 2 but I doubt it works with the Mavic 3. You had to find and download that specific version and you could edit parameters for speed, auto landing etc etc.

There was a way to access parameters via an Older version of Dji Assistant 2 but I doubt it works with the Mavic 3. You had to find and download that specific version and you could edit parameters for speed, auto landing etc etc.
Well, now you have answered me.
I too know and use that old Assistant 2 (in developer mode) which allows you to change few parameters, so it's very little useable already with the Mavic 2, but which fully works with the Phantom 4 Pro/Adv series and Inspire 2.
For other drones don't know, I don't have them.

Ok, but this is one (1) method to access, is the methode.
I still don't understand the phrase "depending how you access..." which implies having more than one option.
I access the parameters through the hiden api's in the MSDK for android. It's mangled names, change for each new version. I've done an app I use for testing all kind of hacks. If you do it that way this _0 must be added (for some unknown reason). The cool thing about this is that you can read and change parameters while flying.

Reactions: ClaudioNC
I access the parameters through the hiden api's in the MSDK for android. It's mangled names, change for each new version. I've done an app I use for testing all kind of hacks. If you do it that way this _0 must be added (for some unknown reason). The cool thing about this is that you can read and change parameters while flying.
Well... this, like many other things of course, I really didn't know.
You should make an inspiring video tutorial.

Just got my mavic 3.

Anyway the parameters hack for atti-mode and flying close to ground seems to work as mavic 2. Much better than the mini3, where you cant do smooth yaw.
Atti-mode doesn't have any speed limit (yet?). Got just over 30m/s with some help of the wind :cool:
Now it can hover 10cm from ground without going into auto-landing, even in P-mode.
user_avoid_enable_0=0

The old waypoints message doesnt work, seems to be a new one. Have to figure that out.
Virtualsticks dont work.
No video feed at all.
Long way to go....
Hmm. I may be wrong, but I do not believe the Mavic three has ATTI mode…
Lots of us wish it DID, it for now it doesn’t.

Hmm. I may be wrong, but I do not believe the Mavic three has ATTI mode…
Lots of us wish it DID, it for now it doesn’t.
Thats why you have to hack it to enable it.
With hack, I mean enable functions that's exists in sw but not default enabled.

All dji drones so far have had atti-mode, but some models works better on some others. Mavic 3 seems to be very reliable, smooth gimbal when way and no speed limitation. Mini 3, Air 2 not so good.

I prefer flying in atti-mode when filming kite/wind-surfers. It's also very good way to measure current wind speed. I use it all the time and I always pick the right kite size even in off shore winds :) Actually my most used usecase for my drones nowaday!

Some drone can even use full manual, but I don't recommend to use this, since its very unreliable on most newer drones. Mavic 3 refused to even enter that mode at all.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Before mainstream FPV I had a custom CF frame with 14" props running a Naza I flew in full manual a few times. Truly wild and insane. Could flip faster than any 3D heli. Had to be on your toes for sure.

• Wow
Reactions: surfbird
Just got my mavic 3.

user_avoid_enable_0=0

Virtualsticks dont work.
No video feed at all.
Long way to go....
Have tried that hack, but still auto lands when close to the ground.

Thats why you have to hack it to enable it.
With hack, I mean enable functions that's exists in sw but not default enabled.

All dji drones so far have had atti-mode, but some models works better on some others. Mavic 3 seems to be very reliable, smooth gimbal when way and no speed limitation. Mini 3, Air 2 not so good.

I prefer flying in atti-mode when filming kite/wind-surfers. It's also very good way to measure current wind speed. I use it all the time and I always pick the right kite size even in off shore winds :) Actually my most used usecase for my drones nowaday!

Some drone can even use full manual, but I don't recommend to use this, since its very unreliable on most newer drones. Mavic 3 refused to even enter that mode at all.
When you say Atti-mode is not so good on the Air 2, do you include the Air 2s? If so, how so? Thanks

Reactions: Trackerputnam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13