DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Mavic 3 HLG / HDR - Chasing Waterfalls in the Austrian Alps

Did you make it to Mayrhofen? Krimml waterfalls are the highest tiered waterfalls in Europe, by the way. They are quite spectacular at the base, especially if they have recently had a lot of rain.

If you went that way to Zell am See that too is a beautiful route over the alps down into the valley. You must have been in Zell am Ziller because that is where the road starts over the mountains to go past Krimml.
We did make it to Mayrhofen and went to Zell am See via the highway going through Zell am Ziller. We spent a couple of hours only in Mayrhofen, but took the Penkenbahn to the top of the mountain and had some great views on a mostly sunny day. As we traveled north on the 169, there was a huge structure fire which burned down completely one gasthaus and was burning a good portion of an adjacent one right outside Ramsau im Zillertal, on the highway, creating a massive stau. Fortunately we rerouted through Ramsau and bypassed it.
Got to Salzburg this evening. Yesterday was so hectic and I am traveling with my wife, my son and his girlfriend. Everyone wanted to do something so unfortunately I did not connect with Rudi or get any aerial shots.
Today was rainy all day. Maybe get to fly tomorrow. We will see.

We did make it to Mayrhofen and went to Zell am See via the highway going through Zell am Ziller. We spent a couple of hours only in Mayrhofen, but took the Penkenbahn to the top of the mountain and had some great views on a mostly sunny day. As we traveled north on the 169, there was a huge structure fire which burned down completely one gasthaus and was burning a good portion of an adjacent one right outside Ramsau im Zillertal, on the highway, creating a massive stau. Fortunately we rerouted through Ramsau and bypassed it.
Got to Salzburg this evening. Yesterday was so hectic and I am traveling with my wife, my son and his girlfriend. Everyone wanted to do something so unfortunately I did not connect with Rudi or get any aerial shots.
Ahh well you did make it up the Zillertall however, the Ahorn would have afforded you with much closer mountain views, the one in my video, since the valleys on the back side are so much steeper, effectively making the opposite mountain closer to you. Did you manage to visit the restaurant Zum Griener? Don't forget to drive over or even take a bike ride to Schloss Leopoldskron and ask to come in to get info... Then have a look around.

Remember, you have to take the time, even ten minutes and just stop and launch to get some aerial footage. Just ten minutes is not too much to ask of the others and you will be rewarded when you get home with that great footage of Austria. Don't forget the Monks Brewery for an evening visit for drink and food.

Friday looks like a cool day with 90% rain again, unfortunately. Saturday looks good though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4