DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Mavic 3 in rain and fog to capture crazy busy ship traffic

You using any kind of protection like PhatomRain's wetsuit ?
Not really. I had that "wetsuit" on my air2 and it was a disaster getting it off. It ripped into like a 1000 pieces and I ended up having a tough time getting off all the adhesive. That's not to bash the product. I'm sure it's great for what it's designed for, but just not for me.

I have my own setup that's of a disposable nature that works well enough for me. But I don't fly in downpours. Sometimes just get caught in a light drizzle or moisture from fog.

Reactions: karlblessing
Shipspotting in the fog and rain on Veterans Day. Hudson River area. Some crazy busy traffic in the short time I was there.
Fascinating video! I especially enjoyed the deck shots of the ships. Really well done. I couldn't stop watching it.

Fascinating video! I especially enjoyed the deck shots of the ships. Really well done. I couldn't stop watching it.
Thanks AVLJMA. Hope you got through the last hurricane ok. Yeah, I really enjoy videoing these ships. It's the busiest port in the country so I get plenty of opportunities. I try to change it up here and there with angles and views.

Thanks AVLJMA. Hope you got through the last hurricane ok. Yeah, I really enjoy videoing these ships. It's the busiest port in the country so I get plenty of opportunities. I try to change it up here and there with angles and views.
Here in Asheville we have the mountains that block out any real hurricane problems. We usually just get the rain a day or so later. I will be looking forward to more of your drone videos.

Reactions: veryzebra
Not really. I had that "wetsuit" on my air2 and it was a disaster getting it off. It ripped into like a 1000 pieces and I ended up having a tough time getting off all the adhesive. That's not to bash the product. I'm sure it's great for what it's designed for, but just not for me.

I have my own setup that's of a disposable nature that works well enough for me. But I don't fly in downpours. Sometimes just get caught in a light drizzle or moisture from fog.
I definitely can relate to the bunch of little peices removing it.

I removed the ones on the arms as well as the back side. But I kept it on the sides, underneath, and on two of my batteries. Mainly removed the so that 8t would pack easier in my baf, to be able to mount the lights and a little less surface area added.

Kept the body and battery covered for the rain and added insulation. It's a lil pricey but I know of no one else that makes an install and forget it system like he does without adding alot of weight.

Reactions: veryzebra
Super video, it really had a lot of charisma!
Thanks for the positive feedback. Greatly appreciate it. Notice you're in the Metroplex. Given the heavy air traffic there, with DFW, Love, Addison etc, do you have a hard time finding spots to fly? Just curious. Lived in Frisco and Coppell a while back.

Shipspotting in the fog and rain on Veterans Day. Hudson River area. Some crazy busy traffic in the short time I was there.
Just asking because I don't know...are there no regulations for flying close to ships, or over them in some cases, since they are part of the "transportation" network? I recall another post not long ago regarding trains and what you could and couldn't do with them.

Some great footage there, very smooth flying. Fascinating viewing. The busy sea traffic brings to mind the words of the song 'I could have been a sailor' by Peter Allen. Thanks for sharing. A question though - where are you filming from?

Thank you. I've launched from many place including boats. Normal day has me driving to 3-4 locations and a few times, like one during a heavy rain, it had me holding the drone inside my car and only operating the gimbal with the remote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078