DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 initial checklist

jephoto

Reactions
Hi gang,

I've purchased a Mavic 3 flymore package from someone who has lots of drones, and who's new job provides equipment for him to use on the job. So he's paring down gear. Says this one has only been flown a handful of times.
Also getting the RC Pro controller.
I excited to get this.

My question to you (M3 owners) is what is a good checklist of everything to check for any issues.
Every drone model has it's own bugs or issues that sometimes need to be addressed or returned for Repair/Adjustment or replacement. I've only owned Phantoms - P3P and P4P v2 - so the Mavic platform will be totally new for me.

I'd love to hear what things particular to the M3 I should be looking out for. I know some issues - like GPS connectivity - have been addresses with the 2 Firmware updates. As well as improving function & sharpenss on the Tele lens.

What else should I be paying attention to on my initial flights? Being in Chicago We about to enter a serious downtime in flying - although I intend to see what it can do in cold weather - But I'd like to have it thoroughly tested and any issues addressed by the time spring rolls around.

Appreciate it!!

First thing I would do is get it hovering in front of you and IMMEADIATLEY check your battery and usage and charge cycles and health. This will tell you EXACTLY how much this drone has been used.. Did the seller offer flight logs? Then I would go through each of the settings to make sure everything else is operational.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the actual camera housing was a different shape at launch but was quietly changed shortly thereafter. I remember there being discussion about the "oval" housing vs the "square" housing. The later version is sought after for reasons I have no clue about. lol

Maybe others will chime in..?

Reactions: jephoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser