DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 latest firmware

ROne21

Reactions
I haven't updated my M3 yet to the latest firmware. I'm reluctant to do so because I don't have any issues with the one I have minus the waypoints. Do I need an internet connection to fly with the latest firmware? What features would I be losing and what am I gaining with the latest?

Do I need an internet connection to fly with the latest firmware?
You don't need an Internet connection to fly any DJI drone. With that said, there are some optional features that require an Internet connection.

I haven't updated my M3 yet to the latest firmware. I'm reluctant to do so because I don't have any issues with the one I have minus the waypoints. Do I need an internet connection to fly with the latest firmware? What features would I be losing and what am I gaining with the latest?
What version are you currently on?

Firmware: 01.00.0900
RC Firmware: 04.13.0600
App Version: 1.9.1
Any choices you had were already wiped out by updating to .0900, which came with the poison pills of anti-rollback and mandatory RID broadcasting, along with lots of benefits. So, nothing left to lose now, by installing the latest FW, which enables Waypoints.

Reactions: moldorf and ROne21
You don't need an Internet connection to fly any DJI drone. With that said, there are some optional features that require an Internet connection.

I asked this because I saw a video on Youtube of some guy doing a review or sharing his thoughts on the updated firmware of his Avata. After updating his Avata and the DJI Fly app, he now has to be connected (the Fly app) to the internet in order to take off. This is mainly due to the upcoming RID requirement soon.

Any choices you had were already wiped out by updating to .0900, which came with the poison pills of anti-rollback and mandatory RID broadcasting, along with lots of benefits. So, nothing left to lose now, by installing the latest FW, which enables Waypoints.
The most sensible reply thus far....thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC