DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 plummets out of sky

Thank you all for responding to my post. I would like to know where and how to find my flight data log information. I spent a couple of hour yesterday searching for information on how to find current information but without luck. If someone could direct me a link or tell me how to find the flight log information that would be awesome. Thanks Al

GadgetGuy has the location for Android devices earlier in the thread (this is copied from his post):
Files/Internal Storage/Android/data/dji.go.5/files/FlightRecord/DJIFlightRecord_Date.txt

Not A Speck Of Cereal posted this link earlier; it's packed with extremely detailed information:

Good luck to you!

Reactions: Bussty
Thank you all for responding to my post. I would like to know where and how to find my flight data log information. I spent a couple of hour yesterday searching for information on how to find current information but without luck. If someone could direct me a link or tell me how to find the flight log information that would be awesome. Thanks Al
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Only the forward obstacle sensors.
You cannot turn off the VPS sensors.
Not true. I was recently in a tight location where I was surrounded by a rock wall but vertical takeoff should have been possible. Showing red all the way around on the sensors. When I clicked to sport mode all red went away and I could take off. Now I imagine the bottom sensors must stay on because you can auto land in sport mode but all obstacle sensors were clearly shut off.

Not true. I was recently in a tight location where I was surrounded by a rock wall but vertical takeoff should have been possible. Showing red all the way around on the sensors. When I clicked to sport mode all red went away and I could take off. Now I imagine the bottom sensors must stay on because you can auto land in sport mode but all obstacle sensors were clearly shut off.
Sorry .. I shouldn't have said "forward facing"
I meant only the obstacle avoidance sensors.
But Sport Mode does not turn off the downward facing sensors.
Flight data from hundreds of flights shows that VPS stays active when Sport Mode is used.

You can turn off the vision sensors inside the app but not visual positioning

It's interesting to hear these experiences. I bought 2 of the mavic 3 cine version at the beginning of 2022. June 2022 in Alaska I was bringing the drone in to land. At about 20 feet up and about 25 feet from me the screen went blank and I looked up to see the drone falling from the sky, and I believed that the rotors were stopped by the time it impacted some large flowers. I picked up the drone and in fact the rotors and motors were completely clean, meaning they were in fact stopped before hitting the flowers. After a terrible experience with care refresh and DJI care refresh, the drone was replaced and so far the unit seems ok.

August 2022 in Greenland with my other drone now and a different battery, I was over water at about 80 feet and the exact same thing happened. Blank screen, no feed, drone fell into the water. I take both of these to be some kind of sudden power failure. I'm much less concerned about the drones themselves and much more concerned about this continuing to happen in the future. I regularly fly over people as part of the work I do and have been doing since using the P2, P3, P4, Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire 2. Never before have I had an issue like this. Now twice in 3 months does not give me a great deal of confidence.

It's interesting to hear these experiences. I bought 2 of the mavic 3 cine version at the beginning of 2022. June 2022 in Alaska I was bringing the drone in to land. At about 20 feet up and about 25 feet from me the screen went blank and I looked up to see the drone falling from the sky, and I believed that the rotors were stopped by the time it impacted some large flowers. I picked up the drone and in fact the rotors and motors were completely clean, meaning they were in fact stopped before hitting the flowers. After a terrible experience with care refresh and DJI care refresh, the drone was replaced and so far the unit seems ok.

August 2022 in Greenland with my other drone now and a different battery, I was over water at about 80 feet and the exact same thing happened. Blank screen, no feed, drone fell into the water. I take both of these to be some kind of sudden power failure. I'm much less concerned about the drones themselves and much more concerned about this continuing to happen in the future. I regularly fly over people as part of the work I do and have been doing since using the P2, P3, P4, Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire 2. Never before have I had an issue like this. Now twice in 3 months does not give me a great deal of confidence.
August with the second drone, it was with the latest firmware ? Did you use RC Pro ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu