DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro and sd card

jeff Voigt

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’ve searched the forum. So please pardon me if this subject has been raised.

I just received the Mavic 3 Pro. I’m unable to download images from the Micro sd card onto my iPad. The iPad says there are no images to download.

Using the same sd card, I can download the images to my Windows laptop.

Is there are solution to the Mavic 3 Pro/sd card/iPad issue? I edit on my iPad. For years, I’ve used the iPad and sd cards with a variety of DJI drones with no issues.

Thanks in advance for your help. Jeff/Annapolis

It might be that the card is not formatted properly? They typically come formatted such that they will work in both Windows and Mac but I would format the card in the Mavic 3 and try again. I am able to connected my card to my iPad as I recall...

It might be that the card is not formatted properly? They typically come formatted such that they will work in both Windows and Mac but I would format the card in the Mavic 3 and try again. I am able to connected my card to my iPad as I recall...
This seems like the culprit, although it would be weird for an SD card to be NTFS? Worth reformatting to EXFAT as the first troubleshooting step though.

Reactions: Oman
There is a simpler solution, install DJI Fly on your Ipad and use the quick transfer feature (dedicated high speed wifi between the aircraft and your ipad).
I never remove my sd card and always use quick transfer.

Thank you. That’s an outstanding solution. I did this last night and it worked just fine.

One nuance: RAW files are coming over with purple horizontal stripes. Have you noticed the same?

Reactions: 3rdof5
Thank you. That’s an outstanding solution. I did this last night and it worked just fine.

One nuance: RAW files are coming over with purple horizontal stripes. Have you noticed the same?
It might be the Ipad operating system.I had that issue on an IMac but the latest OS fixed it.

Reactions: jeff Voigt

Yeah, very common with preview on Macs, but the files should open normally in an editor.

The purple stuff is an iOS problem for sure but reports are that the lastest iOS fixes it. Unfortunately the latest iOS causes a problem with adapters that let you plug in a video source AND power into an iPad which I do for my indoor bike riding so I can't update yet. The weird purple bars don't show if you use a program like Lightroom that does not rely on Apple for their processing of color.

Reactions: jeff Voigt
I just updated my iPad with the latest firmware. As you suspected, this update completely fixed the RAW file issue (purple horizontal lines in the image). The wireless transfer of photos and video from the aircraft to the iPad is flawless too.

Great advice all the way around. Thanks again. Jeff/Annapolis

I just received the Mavic 3 Pro. I’m unable to download images from the Micro sd card onto my iPad. The iPad says there are no images to download.

Is there are solution to the Mavic 3 Pro/sd card/iPad issue? I edit on my iPad. For years, I’ve used the iPad and sd cards with a variety of DJI drones with no issues.

Backup the images on the PC and format card to recognize both OS’s win & mac. Transfer the pics to it and try again

There is a simpler solution, install DJI Fly on your Ipad and use the quick transfer feature (dedicated high speed wifi between the aircraft and your ipad).
I never remove my sd card and always use quick transfer.
Good tip ~ thanks!

Hello! It has nothing to do with your SD Card since you are able to ingest the files from the card on to your Mac. It has to do with the nested folder structure that Mavic 3 Pro creates and the lack of reading of such structures by iOS. At least for now, the best workaround I’ve been using is:
1. Launch the Files app on your iPad.
2. Select SD Card in the left pane under Devices.
3. Navigate to your files in the right pane.
4. Select the files you’d like to ingest.
5. Tap the “Share” text only button at the bottom left of the right pane.
6. Select Save Images option in the pop-up to ingest files into the Photos app or you may send the images for ingestion by another app, for instance Lightroom.

In Adobe Lightroom/Premiere for iPad:
1. Tap on “Import” from the main screen.
2. Select “Files” in the pop-up.
3. Select SD Card in the left pane under Devices
4. Navigate to your files in the right pane and select the files to import.

Regards,

Omer

Reactions: offtheback
Hi Omer. Thanks VERY much for your clear-cut guidance. I’ll give it a go.

I’ve had good luck downloading images and video wirelessly from the Mavic 3 Pro directly to my iOS devices. It’s very quick and simple.

I’ll give your process a go in order to have a solid plan B. Thanks again. Jeff/Annapolis

Hi Omer. Thanks VERY much for your clear-cut guidance. I’ll give it a go.

I’ve had good luck downloading images and video wirelessly from the Mavic 3 Pro directly to my iOS devices. It’s very quick and simple.

I’ll give your process a go in order to have a solid plan B. Thanks again. Jeff/Annapolis
I am glad.

Omer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu