DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Cine; Record RAW internally?

tls3601

Reactions
Newbie here. As a DSLR owner that shoots almost exclusively in RAW is it the same for video? I know the Cine will shoot in Pro Res but how about true RAW? Comments appreciated. Thank you

No raw for video. Cine is ProRes and log.

Reactions: tls3601
Thanks. Is part of this because of RED’s patent?
I’m sure that has something to do with it but also likely a market segmentation thing. The Inspire line is DJI’s flagship camera drone line and just like with DSLRs raw video recording is reserved for the flagship models

Reactions: tls3601
I’m sure that has something to do with it but also likely a market segmentation thing. The Inspire line is DJI’s flagship camera drone line and just like with DSLRs raw video recording is reserved for the flagship models
So I take it this is possible with the Inspire 3? That thing is way out of my budget though🙄

So I take it this is possible with the Inspire 3? That thing is way out of my budget though🙄
Yes the Inspire 3 can record raw video. The Inspire 2 also records raw video and you might be able to find one for in the same ballpark as the Mavic 3 Pro Cine. I have both an Inspire 2 and Mavic 3 and the Inspire 2 still has the edge in video quality video quality wise. Where the Mavic 3 has the advantage over the I2 is first of all the size and portability, but also the strength of the transmission signal (you can fly further more reliably with the Mavic 3) and battery life.

Yes the Inspire 3 can record raw video. The Inspire 2 also records raw video and you might be able to find one for in the same ballpark as the Mavic 3 Pro Cine. I have both an Inspire 2 and Mavic 3 and the Inspire 2 still has the edge in video quality video quality wise. Where the Mavic 3 has the advantage over the I2 is first of all the size and portability, but also the strength of the transmission signal (you can fly further more reliably with the Mavic 3) and battery life.
Thanks for this! This is important to me as I want to capture large areas of landscape. It is a shame the Inspire 3 is so spendy, relatively speaking it makes the M3 Pro Cine look like a bargain 😁👍

Per the MP3 Cine, here is Apple's statement regarding 4:2:2 HQ:

Apple ProRes 422 HQ​

Apple ProRes 422 HQ is a higher-data-rate version of Apple ProRes 422 that preserves visual quality at the same high level as Apple ProRes 4444 but for 4:2:2 image sources. With widespread adoption across the video post-production industry, Apple ProRes 422 HQ offers visually lossless preservation of the highest-quality professional HD video that a single-link HD-SDI signal can carry. This codec supports full-width, 4:2:2 video sources at 10-bit pixel depths, while remaining visually lossless through many generations of decoding and reencoding. The target data rate is approximately 220 Mbps at 1920x1080 and 29.97 fps.

This is not to dissuade you from seeking raw. I personally love most raw video formats per the latitude in post. Per Apple's statement coupled with the mft sensor the resolution should be really good.

Thanks for this! This is important to me as I want to capture large areas of landscape. It is a shame the Inspire 3 is so spendy, relatively speaking it makes the M3 Pro Cine look like a bargain 😁👍
I think the Mavic 3 Cine or even the regular Mavic 3 is probably fine for your purposes. You have to have a really powerful computer lots of really fast storage to handle raw video. Even on the Inspire 2 which is 5k (not 8k like the I3) the data rate for raw is like 4.6 Gbps. To put that in perspective a 60 second video is 34.5 GB

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I think the Mavic 3 Cine or even the regular Mavic 3 is probably fine for your purposes. You have to have a really powerful computer lots of really fast storage to handle raw video. Even on the Inspire 2 which is 5k (not 8k like the I3) the data rate for raw is like 4.6 Gbps. To put that in perspective a 60 second video is 34.5 GB
Ya buddy! On my Canon C200, 128Gb card holds a whapping 15 minutes of video in Raw Light.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS