DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro hand catch problems?r

Beg to differ. All you need to do is raise your hand a bit higher than your head. It will drop perfectly into your palm - above your head and eyes. Don't see a problem here.
If the drone does what it supposed to do then no problem. If the drone loses control or it hits your hand or arm and it sense something and flies the other way, you head and eyes are in trouble. But that's ok I guess, if it doesn't happen after a million times so what if million +1 it take out your left eye; at least you got a million launches in. It's called a freak accident and the further that drone is away from your face (not at arms length) when the blades are spinning, the better off you are. My lifestyle, I cannot afford such an injury just messing around with drone trying to show off (which I consider hand-launching or hand-landing to be when it is not absolutely necessary); my opinion.

If the drone does what it supposed to do then no problem. If the drone loses control or it hits your hand or arm and it sense something and flies the other way, you head and eyes are in trouble. But that's ok I guess, if it doesn't happen after a million times so what if million +1 it take out your left eye; at least you got a million launches in. It's called a freak accident and the further that drone is away from your face (not at arms length) when the blades are spinning, the better off you are. My lifestyle, I cannot afford such an injury just messing around with drone trying to show off (which I consider hand-launching or hand-landing to be when it is not absolutely necessary); my opinion.
That is always possible. But again - if you lower the drone to no more than above your head and have to reach up to make a platform of your hand underneath it, it is EXTREMEMLY unlikely.
But you have to do what makes you comfortable. As always.....

Reactions: mavic3usa
Thanks for all the replies! As I said, I've been hand catching other drones, and have been using the exact technique described with total success. Until now with the Mavic 3 Pro. I hope others will benefit from the instructions posted, it's what I've been doing for a year +.

The M3Pro is very different in landing in general, but especially hand catching. I've had it get "stuck" in the process, and no matter how long I hold the throttle stick down, it won't land. I've held it for as much as 15 seconds. It actually happened once during a non-hand-catch landing. Once I can grab it, it behaves normally, shutting down the props. But 3 seconds down on the throttle stick...nope. So when it balks, I release the stick, then try again. And release and try again. Sometimes three times. It eventually will land.

As to why hand catch a M3P...many reasons, same as for the other drones. Tight landing zone, or non-existent LZ, like tall grass. Yes I hand catch from a boat, and do that because it's nearly impossible to have a boat dead still. Hand catching lets me move. It's just my preferred landing method, as long as it will actually land that way. I have no problem catching with the props safely away from my face, and my arms are not unusually long.

So, other than the standard catch method, if anyone has any ideas as to how to get this landing like an Air 2S, I'm all ears.
Thanks for sharing, holding down the J stick for 15 sec.
I am experiencing exactly the same problem with Air 2S.
It doesn't work the same every time. Sometimes it lands after 2 or 3 attempts slowly, but today it came down after 3 or 4 attempts fast cutting my fingers and falling to the ground.
I have hand-cached Drones many times without any problems like my previous Mavic Air 2. But my Air 2S has a brain of its hone. This is malfunctioning. The first time this Drone hit the ground.
This is not normal and it's dangerous. Safety comes first at all times.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-04 at 11.55.12_aef602ec.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-04 at 11.55.12_aef602ec.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-04 at 11.51.48_51611b37.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-04 at 11.51.48_51611b37.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 6
It doesn't work the same every time. Sometimes it lands after 2 or 3 attempts slowly, but today it came down after 3 or 4 attempts fast cutting my fingers and falling to the ground.
I have hand-cached Drones many times without any problems like my previous Mavic Air 2. But my Air 2S has a brain of its hone. This is malfunctioning. The first time this Drone hit the ground.
Ouch!!! Sorry to hear and see this.
You know that in the FlyApp you can now turn off the landing protection, right? When you do that your drone will follow your descend command without hesitation and will come down to your palm without pausing and evaluating the landing area( being your palm in this case). Just be very carefull and descend slowly, very slowly into your palm with lowering gently the throttle stick.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ouch!!! Sorry to hear and see this.
You know that in the FlyApp you can now turn off the landing protection, right? When you do that your drone will follow your descend command without hesitation and will come down to your palm without pausing and evaluating the landing area( being your palm in this case). Just be very careful and descend slowly, very slowly into your palm with lowering gently the throttle stick.
In the past, the easiest way to do this was always to land at just under 10% remaining battery, which triggered Autolanding, and made the drone want to land as soon as you released the full left stick that was keeping it from descending under the forced Autolanding. Turning off Autolanding with Drone-Hacks in the parameters was the best solution, though!

Last edited:
In the past, the easiest way to do this was always to land at just under 10% remaining battery, which triggered Autolanding, and made the drone want to land as soon as you released the full left stick that was keeping it from descending under the forced Autolanding. Turning off Autolanding with DroneHacks in the parameters was the best solution, though!
Up until Mavic I never flew a drone with landing protection. I was used to fly in Atti mode and even full manual mode. When I got Mavic 3 I could not believe that this so called landing protection could not be disabled. When in the latest FW this was finally allowed I genuinly welcomed it. I get it that for most first time drone fliers this might be ok but for the rest it was a nuisance and unwelcommed limitation.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
“Turning off Autolanding with DroneHacks in the parameters was the best solution, though!”

DroneHacks?

“Turning off Autolanding with DroneHacks in the parameters was the best solution, though!”

DroneHacks?
Unfortunately, nothing after the Mavic 3 is listed on the Drone-Hacks BirdMap, so it apparently cannot be used with the Mavic Classic, Mavic 3 Pro, Air 3, or Mini 4 Pro, but worth a try anyway!

www.Drone-Hacks.com

Modding using the Drone-Hacks.com Software

Ouch!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas