DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Histogram

NIghtVision

Reactions
To get the best color grading experience, I’m trying to expose to the right without clipping. The histogram doesn’t seem to reflect what’s being displayed. I overexposed to what it said was about +3 EV and the histogram still looked centered. Has anyone else had this problem? It makes properly exposing the video more challenging than it should be.

I searched for previous threads and didn’t see a discussion so I apologize if I missed something. I just joined up.

To get the best color grading experience, I’m trying to expose to the right without clipping. The histogram doesn’t seem to reflect what’s being displayed. I overexposed to what it said was about +3 EV and the histogram still looked centered. Has anyone else had this problem? It makes properly exposing the video more challenging than it should be.

I searched for previous threads and didn’t see a discussion so I apologize if I missed something. I just joined up.
What does the video look like when you view it on your computer? Is it actually overexposed? Also, does the histogram move to the right or left as you change exposure parameters are are you just comparing it to the EV number?

What does the video look like when you view it on your computer? Is it actually overexposed? Also, does the histogram move to the right or left as you change exposure parameters are are you just comparing it to the EV number?
It was not; the highlights were recoverable. The histogram moves only slightly to the right even when opening up the exposure by several stops. It makes me wonder how accurate that histogram is.

And the video is getting brighter or darker as you change the settings, without the histogram changing? I can't imagine the image getting brighter or darker without the histogram also moving unless something like auto ISO was engaged and compensating to keep the exposure "correct" even as you adjust other settings.

Things get a little brighter and the histogram moves but only marginally. I've attached some screen grabs. If I bumped exposure by almost 3 stops on my Sony or Fuji "ground" cameras, that histogram would have moved quite a bit more.

Attachments

• IMG_3960.jpeg
    IMG_3960.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3961.jpeg
    IMG_3961.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3962.jpeg
    IMG_3962.jpeg
  • IMG_3963.jpeg
    IMG_3963.jpeg
  • IMG_3964.jpeg
    IMG_3964.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
It sounds like the x-axis scale is somewhat different between the drone and your cameras. From your examples, the vertical grid lines are about three stops apart.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二