DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro: is the main camera (24mm) better than the M3 (cine) ?

Mecan

Reactions
Has anyone compared the features of the main 24mm cameras in terms of photography (not video) ? Sharpness at the edges, vignetting, overall distortion, out-of-focus ... have they improved it or is it the same or worse ? Quite a fundamental question...

Has anyone compared the features of the main 24mm cameras in terms of photography (not video) ? Sharpness at the edges, vignetting, overall distortion, out-of-focus ... have they improved it or is it the same or worse ? Quite a fundamental question...

I doubt you will have a real and meaningful answer to this for at least a couple weeks, they are just not out there yet in capable hands.

After going through three iterations of it, I finally got a good main camera on my current Cine so even though I have a Mavic 3 Pro on order, I am certainly keeping the Cine. Being able to use DXO labs for pre-processing on both the 1X and 7X cams has been a godsend for making the files as good as they can be.

If I know DXO, it will be at least 6 months before they can get out profiles for the new Mavic 3 Pro so here is to fingers crossed I get a good one right out of the gate...

Reactions: AlanL
I doubt you will have a real and meaningful answer to this for at least a couple weeks, they are just not out there yet in capable hands.

After going through three iterations of it, I finally got a good main camera on my current Cine so even though I have a Mavic 3 Pro on order, I am certainly keeping the Cine. Being able to use DXO labs for pre-processing on both the 1X and 7X cams has been a godsend for making the files as good as they can be.

If I know DXO, it will be at least 6 months before they can get out profiles for the new Mavic 3 Pro so here is to fingers crossed I get a good one right out of the gate...

DxO can already decode the DNG file from M3P's main camera. 3X and 7X cameras will have to wait.

Unlike the new 7X telephoto camera, which has a new model number due to the redesigned optical lens, the main cameras for M3 and M3P are pretty much the same, since they still use the same model number.

DxO can already decode the DNG file from M3P's main camera. 3X and 7X cameras will have to wait.

Unlike the new 7X telephoto camera, which has a new model number due to the redesigned optical lens, the main cameras for M3 and M3P are pretty much the same, since they still use the same model number.
I just checked that out with the DNG files on DJI's site for the Mavic 3 Pro and you are correct, DXO does read them fine.

Well now I am *really* hoping I don't have to go through several to get a good main camera like I did on my Cine, ugh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe