DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro photos not importing to Photos app on Macbook

dougj8

Reactions
I put the sod card in a reader and plug it in to my macbook Pro. I click on the photos and videos I want to import.
Videos import fine but photos (jpg format) don‘t appear anywhere. Help!

Check the internal storage on the drone. You may have had the destination set wrong on the drone.

I believe the videos downloaded.Why would the JPG's not?
No idea. If they're there, they should download from the card to your folder. Do you set up a new folder for your images? Where do you designate the imagery to be saved to?

You didn’t specify your process clearly. Are you opening the Photos app (mentioned in thread title but not the post) and then using the command File…Import and then navigating to the SD card? You can see the jpg files and are able to select them yet they don’t import? Or are you simply inserting the card and the Photos app is showing thumbnails of images on the card (and probably showing whether they have been imported previously or not)? You can definitely see the images, can select them, yet they don’t import?

How are your files in the photos app organized? Chronologically? Have you tried searching in the finder for one of the files you tried to import?

I see you’ve been a member for 4 years, so this is not a new process for you, and I don’t mean to imply that.

Thanks everyone. Although the videos imported directly to the photos app on the MacBook, the stills did not. However Suren's suggestion works perfectly. Thanks! I copied the .jpg's to a folder on the desktop and they then imported as expected. I import to a temp folder and weed out the culls before moving them to their permanent folder. I'm new to the Mavic 3 Pro, just upgraded from Mavic 2 zoom.

Strange. I’ve never had to have an interim location for files to be loaded into Photos. But, I’ve never tried from a Mavic 3 either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer