DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro, RC Pro and Goggles 3

tstr14

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is really a question for DJI, but they seem to be real evasive on their forum in providing direct answers, especially if it involves potential future capabilities.

There seems to be confusion when trying to establish the compatibility of these three items. DJI does not list the Mavic 3 Pro as being compatible with the Goggles 3, yet in a user question on their forum, they tell the user that the Goggles can be used with the RC Pro (and a different drone), though certain functions are missing or unavailable. Has anyone actually had success with this combination and if so, how well does it work?

Last edited:
they tell the user that the Goggles can be used with the RC Pro (and a different drone).....
Do you have a link to this?

Because I just don't believe the Mavic 3 Pro will connect with the Goggles 3.

And btw, what is the obsession with flying traditional camera drones using Goggles and a standard remote controller, am I missing something? If you regularly fly FPV, is there a reason to enjoy it using a Mavic? I tried it once or twice and it didn't do much for me, do I need to revisit this in case I am missing something great? DJI Goggles are not that immersive to me so simply the view thru goggles instead of a screen on a controller won't cut it.

Reactions: Cafguy
Any set of goggles with an HDMI in can be used really... as for "functionality" big deal they are goggles. I will have to totally agree with mavic3usa If you like flying with goggles then I must tell you that DJI Mavics are church busses compared to the portable roller coaster you will get by simply purchasing a whoop such as the Avata 2 in manual or freestyle type Drone We are talking our own personal jet fighters in the sky fun! If you really want to enjoy flying then get yourself a Avata 2 and place it in manual or take the plunge and look at a Cinelog-30!- You will wonder why you didn't sooner.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Do you have a link to this?

Because I just don't believe the Mavic 3 Pro will connect with the Goggles 3.

And btw, what is the obsession with flying traditional camera drones using Goggles and a standard remote controller, am I missing something? If you regularly fly FPV, is there a reason to enjoy it using a Mavic? I tried it once or twice and it didn't do much for me, do I need to revisit this in case I am missing something great? DJI Goggles are not that immersive to me so simply the view thru goggles instead of a screen on a controller won't cut it.
As I stated, it was a different drone, but using the RC Pro controller. My point was using the RC Pro. I was wondering if the controller would allow the connection (which it appears it might using a hdmi mini cable) so the goggles can be used, either by myself or shared with a friend while I pilot.

The goggles are compatible with my Mini 4 Pro, but blank out the screen on the controller, so either have to fly using the googles or with the controller screen, not with both.

This is really a question for DJI, but they seem to be real evasive on their forum in providing direct answers, especially if it involves potential future capabilities.

There seems to be confusion when trying to establish the compatibility of these three items. DJI does not list the Mavic 3 Pro as being compatible with the Goggles 3, yet in a user question on their forum, they tell the user that the Goggles can be used with the RC Pro (and a different drone), though certain functions are missing or unavailable. Has anyone actually had success with this combination and if so, how well does it work?
My experience with this scenario, regardless of flying preferences, is this. The M3pro, , not in the Occusycn4 works withe Goggles 3 with this in mind. When you pair up the Goggles with the M3pro, no matter what app transmission you chose, meaning controller type, once paired up , and you launch the drone via the controller, having left the goggles turned off , until launching, you then turn on the goggles and they become your vision. You will lose your controller screen while the goggles are on. Turn the goggles off, and your controller screen reactivates. The Occusycn4 drones don't require you to wait until launching to turn the goggles on. You'll still lose the controller screen though. Hope this helps.

Reactions: tstr14
My experience with this scenario, regardless of flying preferences, is this. The M3pro, , not in the Occusycn4 works withe Goggles 3 with this in mind. When you pair up the Goggles with the M3pro, no matter what app transmission you chose, meaning controller type, once paired up , and you launch the drone via the controller, having left the goggles turned off , until launching, you then turn on the goggles and they become your vision. You will lose your controller screen while the goggles are on. Turn the goggles off, and your controller screen reactivates. The Occusycn4 drones don't require you to wait until launching to turn the goggles on. You'll still lose the controller screen though. Hope this helps.
Thanks! That's pretty much how the Goggles work with the Mini 4 Pro (except for the having to wait to power them on after take off). Once the Goggles are connected, the controller screen cuts off. I was hoping it would stay turned on and may try hooking the Goggles up with a mini HDMI cable to see if that will work - both for leaving the controller screen active and showing the display on the Goggles.

Yes, I want to have my cake and eat it to! 😀

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH